Slop Hauler & Somer

Sholto

~Hi

really like the colours you've used here, makes the models really pop. Are these the wyrd bases that you have used, they really help to make the models look very dynamic

Thanks - the vivid colour is mostly due to the white primer, I think. These pics were taken under a natural light bulb, so they should be accurate.

The bases are Black Cat swamp bases. Cheaper than Wyrd, and you get more for less. Som'er's base is part Black Cat (the bottom bit) and part plasticard/ Plastruct pieces scored to look like wood. There is a pin running from Som'er's right foot all the way down into the metal base insert for stability.

Gah...So'mer is so creepy. But he was the first master I gamed with, so I have a little soft spot for him.

Love the skin color you used. I've got an Ophelia crew coming my way, and I like this almost...jungle green, instead of the frog green you see on a lot of the models.

Love the models. I agree with MissE on the green, its a much different (and better I think) shade then you see on a lot of gremlins. What paints did you use to get your green color.
I primed the whole mini white, then sprayed Badab Black on with an airbrush. Then I drybrushed them white. I then painted the skin with a wash of Vallejo Sunburst Yellow (you could use yellow ink), and then put on a wash of Thraka Green.

I primed the whole mini white, then sprayed Badab Black on with an airbrush. Then I drybrushed them white. I then painted the skin with a wash of Vallejo Sunburst Yellow (you could use yellow ink), and then put on a wash of Thraka Green.

Even more impressed to know that it's done so heavily with washes.