Changes in the new Rules Manual

nilus

Actually, only a model reduced to 0 Wd can be brought back from killed by healing Wd.

:D:D

Careful Kel, that's getting close to doing an errata for the new book with the errata in it!

:blowup:

Good to have it clarified though, as that's fairly different from how slow to die reads at the end of the book. I am a happy camper!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to have it clarified though, as that's fairly different from how slow to die reads at the end of the book. I am a happy camper!

Honestly it would be less of a clearing up of Slow to Die and more an additional line in Decapitate and such that the death is not preventable through healing

Nope I'm talking about the shooting into combat. If you target a model you have a chance of hitting all models in that models melee range, friend or foe + any models engaged with it. So in Lilitu's case you would have a chance of hitting every model within 4" of it (and you don't need LOS).

I can just imagine you bullet ricocheting of Lilitu whip and hitting Lilith standing peacefully behind a wall having a sly fag.

Edited by Ratty

Well given most I fight lack much in the way of aoe. If you bunch up they will basicly be randomising hits and make it harder to pick off models. Models fight at 100% untill dead. well most of them.

Other usefull things

Guardian model. If he shoots in to combat with one of those and hits that model you can trigger his defensive ability with out having to use the all action. Takeing 2 of these looks a lot more atractive to me.

Regenerating models only takeing one hit

Spiderswarm takeing a shot and then healing up with a 0 action.

Models with armor takeing shots for squishy models.

Edited by tadaka

Well given most I fight lack much in the way of aoe. If you bunch up they will basicly be randomising hits and make it harder to pick off models. Models fight at 100% untill dead. well most of them.

Other usefull things

Guardian model. If he shoots in to combat with one of those and hits that model you can trigger his defensive ability with out having to use the all action. Takeing 2 of these looks a lot more atractive to me.

Regenerating models only takeing one hit

Spiderswarm takeing a shot and then healing up with a 0 action.

Models with armor takeing shots for squishy models.

well only if the target is in combat with an enemy model do you randomise, not all the time. When in combat it will increase the possible targets.

Well guess i miss understood you then. Im not sure I understand the change your talking about.

Based on what you posted it sounds like how my local area has been playing all along.

Damn and here I was excited ortegas finaly getting nurfed and its not so :(

Edited by tadaka

OK lets try to explain it again.

Lilitu.png

In the old rules if you targeted Lilitu it would have a chance of hitting Lilitu and every model engaged with it. Which in this case would be Ressurectionist model 1 and 2 (as your only ever engaged with opponent models). Meaning you would have a 2/3 chance of hitting your own model if you targeted Lilitu. It was far better to target your own model 1 as as it is engaged with Lilitu and Neverborn model 3 it would give you 2/3 chance of hitting the enemy. Almost always it was better to target your own model.

In the new rules if you target Lilitu, you have a chance of hitting all models in it's melee range and any model engaged with it. Therefore you would now have a chance of hitting Lilitu, Ressurectionist model 1 & 2 and Neverborn models 3, 4 & 5.

Edited by Ratty

Well given most I fight lack much in the way of aoe. If you bunch up they will basicly be randomising hits and make it harder to pick off models.

I would look out for Abuela and Loco with that tactic.. ;)

@shooting into melee

We played it a bit differently in the club; we got everyone into the randomization who was engaged in that melee (all enemy and friendly models) but this change makes the rule nice and clear. Gotta look out for leaving models around my rider now...

_edit__

Ratty, does that mean in the example above Lilitu would get armour (or hard to wound, don't remember) from all 5 models, or only the 2 engaged models?

Edited by Talishko
q

It's been clarified that if you flip a Red Joker for a weapon with blast eg.

2/4:blast/6:blast:blast

you add the extra flip to the damage on the original target, not the models hit by the blast. So if you flipped a Red Joker + Moderate. the original target would take 10 damage and any model under the 2 blasts would take 1 step down from severe, so 4 damage.

Got to ask for any one with the book.

Is it still the same that a model that is "Bury" with a second effect on it would not remove the effect if it is not in play when the effect would end.

Yup. It is not in play and thus the effects on it never hit the specified end times. So just as before: If I bury a Stitched Together with Slow on it, when I unbury it it will have Slow on it. Or if I Bury a Madness that has activated PE, it will still have PE up and running when it is unburied.

_edit__

Ratty, does that mean in the example above Lilitu would get armour (or hard to wound, don't remember) from all 5 models, or only the 2 engaged models?

It doesn't matter who could have been hit by the shot. Only the models engaged with the final victim count for Defence. So if you shot Lilitu she would on get +2Df