Women in Malifaux

Bartali

Also Sonnia Criid

Greatest

Women

Ever

Seriously look her, she's not flashing off anything, she not flossing anything off, she is attractive, but that is because she physically fit and tend to attach beauty with physical fitness

While I agree with this comment, I must also point out that she is smoking. Smoking is a horrible habit and I will not have my children exposed to it.

Is she, mine isn't, I'm pretty sure she's just clicking her fingers, although mine could just be missing the cigerate

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If women want to express feminity it all gravy, and yet theres sometimes grief towards men who draw/sculpt/paint the same.

The difference there is that if a woman chooses to express "feminity" (which I suppose here means dressing like something from Boris Vallejo), it is her choice. When a man does something like that to a fantasy woman, it is his choice.

Control is the big issue there.

Look at GW; the new sisters of battle range is one of the mostly eagerly anticipated, and I'd be surp[ised if there is much flesh showing there....

Frankly, the SoB are very heavily fetishized with the power armored corsets and thigh boots, not to mention the Penetentia (or whatever they're called). Plus, the whole power armored boobs thing. But still, the standard Sister is heavily clothed.

It just strikes me as odd that some of the most "fully clothed" female models for Malifaux are Cassie and the Performers. How does that make sense?

How does that make sense?

Context. Lilith, Nekky and the likes are actually flaunting their sexuality the same way men in power tended to use large, blunt instruments as symbols of power. They throw their "weaker sex" physique out there to mock the enemies quite obviously, and to entice..well, the male part of their followers no doubt. Sex IS a weapon in nature after all.

As for humans, again, it's an issue of power. The female masters are much more likely to deal with the scum of the malifaux on daily basis than with paperwork and board meetings. They dress to intimidate partially, and partially to show that they're in control-"Yes, you can see half of my chest, what are you going to do about it, wimp?". They have to be, since might makes right, and they have to show everyone around it's not a good idea to f... with them. It's the same way some gangs and groups wear rather idiotic outfits that go against the existing sense of decency and style as a challenge. Cassie and her performers on the other hand make their trade by giving men dreams, and the more you start with, the longer you can hold their attention.

It just strikes me as odd that some of the most "fully clothed" female models for Malifaux are Cassie and the Performers. How does that make sense?

That is just untrue. Pandora, Lady J, Perdita, Sonnia, Kirai, Datsu-ba, Viktoria Bounty Hunter, Onryo, Abuela, the Female Guild Guard, Bete Noir, Ikiryo, Myranda, Rasputina, Librarian. All have more clothes on than the performers. And I think the only models with less are Zoraida, the Doppleganger and the Shikome. Hell even the Lilitu is wearing a down to the floor dress.

Oh and if you have an issue with what Lilith and her brood are wearing I suggest you read the biblical references to who Lilith was. She definitely was sexual in nature, but she was also the first feminist.

Edited by Ratty

And the most revealing is the centuries old woman.

We all love Zoraida lots, but we have baba Yaga to blame for that

And maliufaux's Lilith is the second most dressed Lilith I've seen the most dressed is from supernatural, where she is a small girl, that looks like Cady, most incarnations Lilith wear little to no clothes

And Pandora, well I've never seen a non-nude pandora other Malifaux

So sorce material is blame for some of it and most demons tend to be women that don't like clothes it sort-of explains the neverborns hatred of clothes

That is just untrue. Pandora, Lady J, Perdita, Sonnia, Kirai, Datsu-ba, Viktoria Bounty Hunter, Onryo, Abuela, the Female Guild Guard, Bete Noir, Ikiryo, Myranda, Rasputina, Librarian. All have more clothes on than the performers. And I think the only models with less are Zoraida, the Doppleganger and the Shikome. Hell even the Lilitu is wearing a down to the floor dress.

I am prepared to argue in terms of Lady J, Perdita, Bete Noir, the Ikiryo, Myranda, and Rasputina, as far as clothing goes. All of them are revealing more flesh, although a fair bit less leg, or are wearing heavily cheesecakey, fetishized clothing. Hence, "one of."

Oh and if you have an issue with what Lilith and her brood are wearing I suggest you read the biblical references to who Lilith was. She definitely was sexual in nature, but she was also the first feminist.

I will point out here that Lilith is Malifaux is not the first female, who was rejected by Adam for having an opinion. Nor should we start using real-world religious beliefs in a game that is, as far as I can tell, trying very hard to avoid mentioning religion. ;)

I will point out here that Lilith is Malifaux is not the first female, who was rejected by Adam for having an opinion. Nor should we start using real-world religious beliefs in a game that is, as far as I can tell, trying very hard to avoid mentioning religion. ;)

So she's named after Lilith for no reason then!

Ok she not the same Lilith, but source of the legend in Malifaux universe

The difference there is that if a woman chooses to express "feminity" (which I suppose here means dressing like something from Boris Vallejo), it is her choice. When a man does something like that to a fantasy woman, it is his choice.

Control is the big issue there.

I, personally, see this as irrelevant. If a women decided to produce a piece of art to exude "cheesecake" masculinity, no guy I know would give a damn.

The game is what it is...as Johan is and lelu, amongst others, are scultped with a six-pack a roid-boosted wrestler would be hard pressed to have: male heroic scale models have their proportions exagerreated to capture their gender too.

Sure, the belles were prostitutes and reveal cleavage...sybelle aside (which, lets face it is a comedy model) the "belles" are all dressed as "southern belles" actually woud have been: dresses WERE like that....

Sure Colette is wearing burlesque.

Did you note that in fact that in the fluff colette has morals (NOT being a former prostitute at all) as do Lady J, Sonia means nothing I take it? They are almost on a par withSuperheros: revealing spandex is all but a requirement...

This is a gamers game written by gamers for gamers, and Wyrd deliever 100% for me.

If anyone has an issue with the imagery, do to its sexuality, violence, imagery, fluff or other features there is always monopoly.........unlesswe want to go into how that is also a gender biased game, what with the cuddly-looking-grandpa actually being a personification of the male-led financially-driven western culture that is slowly leading to the end ot the world........

or not

Men can exude feminimity- in the Uk you can gain feminimty, i.e. the female gender, simply by "living in that gender"- it is not exclusively owned by the few die hard feminists who deperately want terminology changed because its roots are masculine. I do not view my self as owning masculinity, merely having it. If an artist, regardless of gender, wants to capture that does it matter?

I am the first to say everyone should express opnions, so cool............................ but an "issue of control", to paraphrase, .....hmmmmmm............. or not

Personally I am offended by how Wyrd seems to be sexualizing fat men.

The Executioner, The Convict gunslinger, the Guard Captain. Seems like anytime a bigger man is sculpted they can't help but show off a bit of that sexy gut.

I won't stand for it!

LMAO! excellent! Nilus you have me bowing to you dude! EPIC!!! this has just made my day!

The Executioner, The Convict gunslinger, the Guard Captain. Seems like anytime a bigger man is sculpted they can't help but show off a bit of that sexy gut.

I won't stand for it!

Me too, its appalling...I may become one of those one day...on behalf of my potential future self and his potential unborn fat children and grand children, it has to stop...:bawling:

When she said: "I want one!" I thought she was referencing Nilus' post:

I won't stand for it!

I don't think Lady J is that bad, she's trying to more practical that anything else, remember kids when the zombies come big coats are going to slow you down, although her hair would get in the way

Lady J would be a lot more practical if she wasn't wearing a corset. Those things really do not allow one to breathe or bend easily.

I won't stand for it!

hey! I resemble that remark.

Throw bald in there too. might as well take all my traits and sexualize them :ggcaptian