Movies for Malifaux inspiration

Er1k

You know what? I was thinking about these movies today, and they inspired me.

Rocky Horror Picture Show and Repo: The Genetic Opera.

Excellent choices! I was thinking about a Dr. McMourning mod after Rocky Horror just the other day. Put some pearls on'em and paint his smock like a dress, mmmm.

Did think about Repo but that's a good one as well. I still have the soundtrack on my phone.

Its a fun way to pass two hours of time lol. Also Repo the genetic opera would be an Amazing place to start for a crew theme. I don't know which crew would work best for it though. Maybe multiple crews built around a cohesive theme...hmm..Seamus as the Graverobber,The Ortega family as the father and his two sons and daughter.McMourning as the night surgeon,Blind Mag as Bete noir or in a real twist,Jack Daw. The daughter as Molly perhaps.

All the previously listed movies are great choices (from the ones I've seen). As soon as I saw this thread my mind just jumped to Gangs of New York, I love that movie and the skirmish fights in it! I have not watched wild wild west in a long time so I might have to do that later today.

Another movie that I'd really consider would be The Good, The Bad, and The Weird. It's a story of a manchurian bounty hunter looking for treasure. Great movie if you enjoy some foreign movies.

Although it's not a movie Deadwood has been what has been really inspiring me for some of the western/showgirl crews. Totally reminds me of Colette's crew, plus it's a great show!

Although it's not a movie Deadwood has been what has been really inspiring me for some of the western/showgirl crews. Totally reminds me of Colette's crew, plus it's a great show!

Agreed Deadwood is an amazing show. Have all 3 seasons on DVD, as I'm off work with man flu I might watch an episode or two tomorrow. Watched the original True Grit today having seen the new version at the weekend, really enjoyed both versions

I haven't seen true grit yet, But i'm about 2/3rds through the first season of deadwood (This is about the 6th time I watched it). The dvd pack I have has a map of the town so I'm quite tempted to attempt making a board of it or at least part of the town.

How was the new true grit, vs the old one?

OK, a short trip to Czech movie culture :)

First is a Whisky song from Lemonde Joe - Horse opera, which is parodical comedy at western movies :)

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtAVCVMKpD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtAVCVMKpD0[/ame]

Another wonderful movies is Mysterious Castle at Carpathians,which is very steampunkish, but quite old. It´s english subbed on youtube.

[ame=

[/ame]

Edited : Sorry, wrong thread

A couple of slighty more off the wall options, but both damn good films, and give a couple of good sets -

"Paint Your Wagon" starring Lee marvin and Clint Eastwood. Quite a cool western town backdrop here - No Name City.

"Zulu" starring Stanley Baker and Micheal Caine. The Rourkes Drift outpost would make a fantastic place for a game.

Reading through the list I saw a lot of good movies listed there. I play Neverborn and nothing gets me in the mood to paint them like Pan's Labrynth and Hellboy II. The angle/demon in Hellboy to with the eyes on its wings, and the Eyeball monster eating in Pan's Labrynth are getting me all ready to paint Coppelis.

Yes Deadwood :D (I should reframe lest I reveal my HBO obsession)

Labyrinth, dark crystal, The Fall, Pixar films (Toy Story themed Dreamer crew, Wall-E Hoffman, etc), hero (Kirai, Riders), house of flying daggers, Studio Ghibli, nightmare before christmas, corpse bride, coraline, Black Swan (Colette), Kill Bill 1 & 2, etc, etc

others - American McGees Alice, evil twin, bioshock, longest journey, etc