Tourney Stylin' with Only Colette

JustAnotherDummy

I'm not a hardcore collector and want to dabble in each faction as opposed to collecting everything for one. Since most tournaments encourage players to bring all of one faction and name that faction at the start of the game, I wondered about mixing it up in a different way.

I currently play Colette. In order to allow for different options against various opposing factions, I wanted to know what ancillary characters I should look into getting to boost my selection so I have at least a little flexibility should I ever enter a tournament.

If you were to bring Colette and only Colette as your master to a tourney, what non-Showgirl models would you bring along to face which potential opposing factions?

• 2 weeks later...

I think they have it right above, damage output is sometimes lacking for Collette and her crew, struggling a bit against Armored opponents. Although, overall, her basic crew is very solid. The one issue with her for tournaments is if the tournament allows proxy's. If they don't she becomes significantly less useful because of the lack of mechanical pigeons.

• 2 weeks later...

I think Convict Gunslinger is a good add, Freikorps Librarian might be good once it comes out, Mechanical Rider when it comes out, maybe Kaeris (when she comes out.... I see a theme...). Right now I run an inclusive Colette crew, and the only strategy I absolutely wouldn't want to use her for would be Slaughter. I would if she were my only option, but the Arcanists have better options for that.

@Cheshire: The Freikorps Librarian is already out..? I don't think I'd ever take her over the standard Colette choices though.. She's sort of expensive :/

It is, isn't it. Oops. I consider it a versatility piece. I also really like having +1 card a la Tina. Do I think it's the best addition? Probably not. But it's an option.

Even though Colette can make up to 2 Soulstones a turn, you really should start with a Soulstone Pool of at least 5. Yes, you can win a game with less, but after a couple of turns in combat your pool of Soulstones will likely be really low. Use Soulstones to hit your opponents.

The three generic lists below should work well for almost any situation you may get yourself in. However, Kirai tends to use Spirits which reduce non-magical damage by half and are also sometimes Terrifying.

Johan & Taelor are decent against Kirai because they both can kill 3Wd spirits with just weak damage. You might want to trade one or both for the Coryphees. If you really need to move Johan and/or Taelor then have Colette cast Disappearing Act on them and move Colette. At the end of the turn Johan and Taelor will return. Obviously you should avoid using the Mannequin Replacement trigger.

[25ss Colette List]

* Colette (Cache: 3)

9 Cassandra

7 Coryphee

7 Coryphee

Starting Soulstone Pool: 5

[30ss Colette List]

2 Mechanical Dove (Totem)

9 Cassandra

7 Coryphee

7 Coryphee

Starting Soulstone Pool: 6

[35ss Colette List]

9 Cassandra

7 Coryphee

7 Coryphee

6 Performer & Mannequin

Starting Soulstone Pool: 5

Edited by MrNybbles

for the 25 and 30ss lists i would only take one dove since they only cost 1ss to make rather than 2 to hire

I think you meant the 30 and 35ss list which each have two Mechanical Doves.

Dropping one Dove is a valid option to get more Soulstones, but starting off with 2 Mechanical Doves means you can create the third Dove on turn 1, and attack on turn 2 with the maximum three Doves, and replace one of the Doves when it gets destroyed during turn 2.

In 3' by 3' terrain you usually end up in combat rather quickly. I usually try to keep my crew behind cover and move into position on turn one unless there is an objective to grab.