pandora making douglas attack himself

scythewing

Let's revise Pandora to give her Obey! Perfect!

I remember online discussion just about a year ago that denounced her as one of the worst masters in the game. Clearly this is in order, Sketch!

;)

Woo hoo! Obey for Pandora ;D

She needs more evil, her evil quotient was falling bellow 4.0 since Book 2 ;D

I remember online discussion just about a year ago that denounced her as one of the worst masters in the game. Clearly this is in order, Sketch!

;)

Hah. I know it happened, but I can't believe anyone ever though Pandora was underpowered.

I remember reading the book for the very first time, loving Pandora because of being able to play little creepy kids, but almost not picking her up because she seemed to me to be so ridiculously overpowered. The only reason I decided to get her was when I read the errata that they had changed ignite/pacify so you couldn't hit your own guys.

I thought maybe that brought her down to a playable level.

I was so wrong...

Viva le Dreamer!

Actually...since Pandora has Self Loathing and not Obey, and Self Loathing says to select a Melee weapon that the target has and inflict a damage flip using that weapon, wouldn't that be different from McMourning attacking himself via Obey.

He wouldn't get to use his triggers since there is no CB involved and it's not a Melee attack, it's just a damage flip using his melee weapon's damage, so he wouldn't be able to use organ donor since it's one of McMourning's abilities and not a property of the weapon itself...At least that's the way I read it.

I believe Organ Donor works as it's not may but when this model does an attack.

There is no attack flip so no duel total is created to get triggers off.

Well, Organ Donor says that it works "When this model inflicts damage with a melee attack..."

And since Self Loathing is a spell with no Ranged or Melee symbol I hesitate to call it a melee attack...

however the weapon inflicting the damage has got the melee symbol

I see what you're saying but I don't agree that simply possessing the melee symbol on the weapon is enough to constitute a Melee attack when it is used to damage an enemy via Self Loathing. Something about that sentiment simply rings false to me.

None the less I can not back up my position with evidence greater than what you have presented and Kaelthos has already ruled in favor of Organ Donor activating when Self Loathing is cast. I withdraw my objection. :)

No. I read Zoraida in there, not Pandora. Sorry.

The damage McMourning inflicts on himself with Self Loathing is NOT a melee attack:

"Target suffers a Damage Flip with that weapon that receives a :-fate."

That is not a melee attack. Self-Loathing takes the damage a melee weapon causes and inflicts it, but the Spell nor the damage infliction should be considered a melee attack.

Edited by Keltheos

No. I read Zoraida in there, not Pandora. Sorry.

The damage McMourning inflicts on himself with Self Loathing is NOT a melee attack:

"Target suffers a Damage Flip with that weapon that receives a :-fate."

That is not a melee attack. Self-Loathing takes the damage a melee weapon causes and inflicts it, but the Spell nor the damage infliction should be considered a melee attack.

wow...I was right...

also I just noticed that I misspelt your name. Sorry Keltheos.