Question about The dreamer and wordings

Avarice711

Ok i'm fairly new to malifaux and i am curious about a wording on the dreamers card. It reads that they chare actions used and can

t use mroe than 3 general ap between them does this mean either one can make 3 general actions a turn?

example 1: a dreamer gaining flight then walk 3 times and turn into LCB and all he can do is an attack with melee expert or

Example 2: does it mean dreamer gaining flight then walk 2 times and turn into LCB and all he can do is an attack with melee expert

i tried finding it in the forums and on google and i'm sorry if this has already been answered but i don't want to be cheating

2nd question does place essiantially mean summoned but without the slow. I see this being the case just because you don't pay ss for summoned models but you are for the nightmares you place.

3rd does teddy still leave 3 scrap counters now that he is also a nightmare but it seems he retains construct.

They share 3 action points but each can only use at most 2. So one can use 2 one can use 1 most turns. Note that chomps extra attack and the 0 actions are not a part of this just the general action points.

So if you 0 action give deamer fly then use 2 walk actions. Another 0 action for nightmare friend would put out chomp as a replace Then chomp could make a melee expert attack and 1 general ap action + a 0 action as dreamer had all ready used up the second general action point for chomp.

Place/replace and summons are all different. be aware dreamer/chomp use place and replace and you will need to read up on them as they are not the same as a summons.

Bear leaves scrap counters even tho he is a nightmare.

So if you 0 action give deamer fly then use 2 walk actions. Another 0 action for nightmare friend would put out chomp as a replace Then chomp could make a melee expert attack and 1 general ap action + a 0 action as dreamer had all ready used up the second general action point for chomp.

The way I understand it is if you place the new model gets its full activation, but if you replace it the new model takes all the leftover action points.

So in your example, if the Dreamer uses nightmare friend to bring LCB out after walking twice, LCB only gets melee expert. The Dreamer had used both general ap he gets and LCB replaced him, taking over any leftover ap.

I think the Dreamer is much more simple.

You can spend a maximum of 3 general AP between them.

Each can spend a maximum of 2 general AP

Each can Activate once per turn.

I believe the word replace was a mistake, I think they meant the general use of replace in English rather than the game specific term. So if one gets removed you just place the other model where the last one was trying to get as much of the base as possible over where the base of the model that removed was. If the model hasn't activate yet this turn it then activates, if it has activated then you just move back to the normal turn activation order. If the new model can activate it can use the remain general AP from the pool (up to the maximum of 2, so if the model being replaced had spent 0 general AP it would have 2 general AP, if it had spent 1 general AP the new model would have 2 general AP and if it had spent 2 general AP the new model would have 1 general AP) + any extra specific AP and (0) actions.

Except that the Dreamer and Chompy have their special rule which says that they can't use more than 3 General AP in a given turn. So, there's a difference there between General AP and Specific AP. The way I understand it, (+1) Melee Expert is a Specific AP, and so therefore, if the Dreamer walks twice, and then unburies Chompy, he would still get 1 General AP and then his Melee Expert AP.

Oooh, I just realized the difference here. If you use the (0) Nightmare Friend, then LCB is REPLACED which then yes, he would only get whatever AP are left over from the Dreamer's turn.

However, if you use the Spell (1) Frightening Dream, then you are doing a PLACE action, instead of replace, in which case Chompy would get whatever is left of the 3 total General AP, plus his Melee Expert AP.

Overall, it ends up being about the same thing, since one is a (0) and the other is a (1). The real fancy trick is when you use a Daydream to cast the (1) Frightening Dream.

Except if LCB has 3 Wds and is replaced by the Dreamer then the Dreamer would fall over dead. Which is one of the reasons I think it's a mistake, along with the fact it makes the rules very confusing.

Ahh...yeah, the wording in All Done is likely a mistake, and meant to say 'place' instead of 'replace'. I think the wording on the Dreamer's card for 'replace' in his (0) Nightmare Friend might be accurate though. If you move twice and then use the (0) to bring out Chompy, then you're 'replacing' and thus only getting Chompy's Melee Expert attack, so effectively giving you 14" of range for Chompy's placement (I can Fly! and two (1)'s for moving). The other route, using Frightening Dream, lets you move 7" (I can Fly, 1 move action), and then place Chompy within 6", for 13" total, but would leave Chompy with 1 general AP and his Melee Expert.

So, it's sort of tough to tell. I could see it going either way.