Unbury LCB and companion it question

poulpox

Hello again!

Another question: I unbury LCB next to a Daydream. LCB has to activate immediately however I want to companion him to the Daydream next to him. Now do I have to do LCB first or could I activate the companioned Daydream before?

I guess immediately forces LCB to go first, but thoughts?

Also would this be then a correct activation sequence of dreamer + 1 daydream:

1. dreamer activates and companions daydream A

2. dreamer unburies LCB and a new daydream (B)

3. LCB activates and companion the daydream B

4. daydream B activates

5. daydream A activates

Am I getting this right?

Thanks for all your help!!

Thomas

the new LCB on the block ;)

That's the way I play it.

This question's been asked before, and last time I checked there hadn't been an official RM ruling on how un-burying The Dreamer / LCB interacts with companion.

My best guess would be to play it that way, as new effects generally take precedence over old ones.

Correct in both counts.

LCB Unburies and activates immediately. Since his Daydream Companion (B in your example) is tied to his activation it must resolve before the Daydream A would.

Likewise, his Unbury would interrupt an activation chain like the Ortega's. He would show up, tear some new ones, then the rest of the Companioned Ortegas would finish their activations (or you would continue with the active Ortega if they had AP left).

(or you would continue with the active Ortega if they had AP left).

Very intresting that he activates in the middle of another models activation. I was under the idea that he would just activate before any other activations from things such as companion. Activating in the middle of another model activation sounds like It could get complex.

Any one got some insight on how these would play out?

Model kills dreamer and hits a trigger that goes off after doing damage. Would the trigger go before or after chomp comes in to play.

If desolation engine kills dreamer or a dream and landds the desolate warping trigger? Being as both require the model to be dead who triggers first? If chomp does come in first and kills the model with the trigger would it stop the trigger as the model is dead?

Mounted combat

Would chomp act in the middle of the current action and then finish the push?

WOW. I've not seen that ruling before. I'd always read 'immediately' as at the end of the current models activation.

So I can now;

• Daydream A Casts Frightening Dream - Unbury Chompy
  • Chompy rips new ones
  • Daydream A (0) actions to bury Chompy, replaces with the dreamer.
  • Dreamer activates and does whatever
  • Daydream A uses its final action.

Or:

1. Enemy model X kills a daydream with its last action,
  2. The daydream unburys Chompy as it dies.
  3. Chompy activates immediately and rips face.
  4. We return to enemy model X's activation, which then ends.
  5. I activate another model.

That really changes things, and makes The Dreamer even more powerful.

This is pretty awesome indeed, I too was playing LCB's activation only when the current activating model was done. It will create more fear in how the opponent approaches us!

@ Mythicfox: yes your 1st example is rather important as it means you could use only a single daydream to unbury and rebury LCB saving the other 1 or 2 for support business, that changes nicely the dynamics!

EDIT: hehe tadaka you beat me to it :)

That's how I'm reading Keltheos' ruling.

Another one play comes to mind;

1. Dreamer Activates, and casts Frightening Dream triggering All My Friends, unburying Chompy and a DayDream.
  2. Chompy Activates companioning the DD.
  3. Chompy goes nuts
  4. DD activates and buries Chompy, replacing him with The Dreamer.
  5. Play returns to The Dreamer and he continues his activation.

Not sure if that one works because The Dreamer leaves play during the sequence.

It will however stop me unburying chompy with a Daydream and then replacing chompy with The Dreamer before Chompy activates.

Edited by mythicFOX
SPAG

Correct in both counts.

LCB Unburies and activates immediately. Since his Daydream Companion (B in your example) is tied to his activation it must resolve before the Daydream A would.

Likewise, his Unbury would interrupt an activation chain like the Ortega's. He would show up, tear some new ones, then the rest of the Companioned Ortegas would finish their activations (or you would continue with the active Ortega if they had AP left).

O.o wow that is a new precedent. That's going to be nasty... *watches as other rules interactions explode*.

I don't think anything interrupted other models activations with an entirely different models activation before. This seems wrong to me.... I mean woo hoo for LCB being even more dangerous but... it doesn't seem right..

Edited by karn987