got collette as a gift, need advice

shahryar

when there out the mechanical doves, and ur stuff isn't cheap so that would get u to the 35ss bracket,

Colette 3 cashe

Cassandra 9ss,

Coryphee 7ss,

Coryphee 7ss,

Performer 6ss,

Doves 2ss,

Doves 2ss,

leaving you with 5ss for the game

because if you look so many spells can be used to get more ss into your pool (might wanna take 1 dove and summon the other turn 1 for and extra ss, cost 2 to hire but i can make them for 1ss ingame)

if this is ur 1st master I would recommend spending a long time painting them, they really are a finesse crew and you need to think about your turns more, manage your hand/soul stones.

She isn't an easy crew to start with id recommend starting with another master a simpler one (I don't mean this as an insult)

And i would certainly play smaller games 25ss tops maybe even as low as 15 just to get a handle on the basic rules.

Oh and Welcome :D

(if your not new to the game il look very silly right now :P)

Oh and tips about the crew, its very fast use that. Read the cards/book a few times they have a lot of things that involve swapping in other models.

aka Cassandra goes 1st (gets her free walk at the start) moves up, activate the duet and combined them, use a 1 action to swap or go next to Cassandra, the use its insane speed (0 action to get free attacks when it moves, 0 action to use ss, 0 to get masks in ur CB/CA) then with ur free attacks hit a few things do some damage, dont really need to kill owt then get to a safe distance,

Often the best use for the Mannequins are to link them to Colette as she can swap on for other models using a 1 action, then swap out with ur mannequin, then because of link you would then snap the mannequin back into contact with Colette.

This is very hand for getting models out of very nasty places, when there getting ganged up on by lots of people.

Yeah, the Gunsmith is pretty solid, but I've actually found myself playing without him more and more lately. But he's definitely a good piece to proxy until the model is released. Johan can be fun with the crew as well, and he makes for a really nice last-line-of-defense near Colette, since he needs to stay near her to get his boosts.

Starting with the birds is important, because they get 2 APs the first turn, with Collette's damaging spells and ability to generate soulstones you want your birds flying and blowing stuff up.

If you take only 1 Pigeon you get 7SS, but only 1 bird. Turn 1 you create 2 SS, burn 1 and get a slow bird (8SS, 1 Bird, 1 Slow Bird). Meaning you are only laying down damage once on turn one, and your bird factory can only churn out 1 bird a turn, once your opponent eliminates a few, he can control the damage you can do with them.

Starting with 3 Pigeons allows you to have multiple attack lanes, still generate SS with Collette, and keep your bird factory going for a while-a model with a 22" 2/3/5 ignore armor and cover threat range is tough, three of them is really tough.

Honestly, I've used the Dove's ability to explode for 2 damage, MAYBE 2 times in 20 or more games. I just don't find that they are that useful in that role, as it's too easy for opponent's to keep their pieces spread apart, or beat the Df 14 Resist for the ability. 99% of the time, the Bird's are casting Magician's Duel, or are there to be used as Soulstones by the other Showgirls. It's awesome when your opponent thinks they're going to be able to wipe out the Coryphee because you lost initiative, and the Cory's won't have Use SS yet. But then you have a Dove sitting there that can help protect them on that crucial attack you need to survive.

The showgirls are such a finesse army is maddening. You will probably loss your first few games with them. It happens with everyone i have seen us them. Don't give up though, once you learn how to use their speed and tricks they get really really fun.

Plus its always nice to see the look on the opponents face as you hope around the battle field at lightning fast speeds doing your tricks. Every one always remembers the first time they were on the recieving end of the Cory.

take power ritual/bodyguard as schemes and profit.

The only 'problem' with Collette is that her list is pretty standard, as you've no doubt gathered. Box + Coryphee + Doves is it, although Gunsmiths and/or Johan can sometimes be seen (only in 5-10% of my games have i played a non-showgirl model), but it's often just not worth it, unless you're running a specific model to beat a specific strategy or crew.

Dont underestimate performers either. The main reason you buy them is for the mannequin and it's companion shenanigans, but having them up front with Cassy/Whirling Blender is good, they have a good selection of support abilities, and letting one die (or even killing it yourself) to give one of those two models reactivate is stupid good when going for the throat.