tought deciding on first army

shahryar

I would not recomend any of those crews for a new player. They are all great options for the type of crew your looking for but are also probably 3 of the top 4 most complex masters in the game.

You may want to look at marcus. He is a simple master to learn the game but has a lot of intresting trick plays avilable to his crews. Such as tiger being able to make like a 20 inch move and still get to attack out of no where. He is not the most powerfull master and will take time but is in my opinion a better starting point.

Also if you pick up the new shikome coming out this month it will give you a start for Kirai down the road as no one sticks with just one master.

Edited by tadaka

To me out of the two you picked there I would chose Collette. Kirai is a fine army, but I feel like it is not good in many strategies. This being said I believe Collette is more well rounded. Also, Arcanist is my second favorite faction.

I agree that the crews are complicated, but if you do not mind losing early on you can learn them and do well with time.

To me out of the two you picked there I would chose Collette. Kirai is a fine army, but I feel like it is not good in many strategies. This being said I believe Collette is more well rounded. Also, Arcanist is my second favorite faction.

I agree that the crews are complicated, but if you do not mind losing early on you can learn them and do well with time.

Kirai can manage most strategies in the game, She's got good movement and also can hold ground if necessary, is very good at targeting specific models. Missions like Hold the Line and Reconnoitre are breezes, and even on missions like Slaughter if you play carefully you can do most of your work with Ikiryo that doesn't give your opponent VPs.

She has two vastly different play styles, you can either play her as a fast moving positional model, picking up objectives and setting up ambushes. Or as a traditional summoner, pumping out a horde. The nice thing is you don't have to make this decision before the game starts and can switch between them in play. Backed up by the fact she can summon the correct tool for a job makes her very versatile after the game starts.

She was also my first master and if you have the kind of mind that like tricksy armies you should have no problem picking her up.

Edited by Ratty

Oh I lose almost every game I play lol.

I'd have to say I lean towards collette mostly cause of the mannequins hah. Though it sounds like she is popular with alot of players in the area. Why I'm thinking about Kirai as a backup incase collette really is as popular as she's made out hah.

Also, if you want tricksy, don't rule out Zoraida. She is a very sneaky master, but can also be played in a number of different ways if you want to take a more direct route.

She is probably a bit easier to get your head around intially than either Kirai and Colette, and has the added advantage that her starter set is more rounded and generally needs a lot less extra bits adding to it to make a complete workable crew.

Check out Rathnards fantastic Zoraida tactica thread for more details :

http://www.wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13573

If you don't like SPA's, then I would avoid Leveticus unless you can find some proxies that you do like. Although he can play effectively without them, you would be missing out on a huge part of his play style.

I would normally recommend highly against Collette. She is not new-player friendly. But, you are looking for a tricksy crew and, well, the girl certainly has tricks. Levi is weird, but easy enough to play with once you understand what he's doing. Lady K is versitile, as mentioned, and has access to a good host of abilities. She's somewhat fragile, though, compared to other ressers (her totem helps this). I'd recommend her as a first crew but, again, probably the least tricky.

And, it's a 'crew'.

i started with kirai shes pretty easy to pick up i thought and i came from a background of only playing one other game (sw minis)

but if your looking for tricks all of hers are mostly movement tricks i think, but she is pretty adaptable to most encounters

I would agree with that. She has some other interesting tricks evolving moving effects onto Seishin, and summoning. but movement is her main trick.