Von Schill's Leader Ability

Isambard Brunel

Hey guys,

First of all, hello to the board. I just started playing a Von Schill led Friekorps force, and am liking him a whole bunch so far.

A couple of questions came up last game, though.

Pursuant to the wording in his leader ability, I think I can use it on a friendly Friekorps model that has already activated, effectively granting him two activations. Is this true?

Furthermore, can I use his ability twice in a row on two different Friekorps models that have already activated, letting them both move after Von Schill? If so, what order would they activate in?

Hey guys,

First of all, hello to the board. I just started playing a Von Schill led Friekorps force, and am liking him a whole bunch so far.

A couple of questions came up last game, though.

Pursuant to the wording in his leader ability, I think I can use it on a friendly Friekorps model that has already activated, effectively granting him two activations. Is this true?

Furthermore, can I use his ability twice in a row on two different Friekorps models that have already activated, letting them both move after Von Schill? If so, what order would they activate in?

i dont think they get a second activation it looks like it bascily gives them companion leting u chain ur activations. if it did what u said i think it would say sumthing about reactivate.

and no u cant do it to two diffrent models cuz instinctual is 2 diffrent 0 actions i also missed that for a long time

well i dont have a perfect answer but in the second book they it seems that all the masters and henchmen have this wording instead of giving people companion it maybe due to the confusion that came with companion and the diffrence in giving it to some one during ur activation they changed the wording to try and be less confusing because both ophelia and colidi have a similer abilty this is of course speculation on my part but it would make sense

The book says:

"Leader: Target friendly Freikorps model within 6" of Von Schill activates after this model's activation ends"

Does the card say differently? According to this, the target model activates after Von Schill, and unless it has Reactivate a model only gets one activation per turn.

The benefit to this as opposed to Companion is that Companion must be declared at the start of a model's activation, whereas Von Schill's Leader ability can be used at any point during his activation. So you could save this ability until the end of his activation to decide if you want to have another model activate right away or if the situation isn't dire he can instead use one of his other 0's.

I'm not sure if there's more than one printing of the book with different wording, but mine says:

(0) Leader: Target friendly Freikorps model within 6" of Von Schill activates after this model's activation ends.

Nowhere in there does it even suggest an extra activation.

The rules specifically state:

Each model may activate only once during a turn, unless otherwise indicated by a model's ability.

Thus, if a model has already been activated, it cannot be chosen to activate again at a later time without an ability specifically giving it an extra activation. Leader gives no such ability, so cannot activate a previously activated model unless some other ability would grant an extra activation.

They have already stated that the companion type ability that Seamus and Co have is going to be replaced with this text and it's going to me called (0) Linked in (I think, I hope they choose something better as this is so close to link) to stop it being confused with Companion which as you said all people in the group need to be declared at the start of an activation

Edited by Ratty

@Ratty: Linked-In is just the name Ramos' ability goes by. It was the one Weird used as an example so that's what we've been called the generic (0)-activate-after-me-Action.

@Brunel: There's a very, very good reason for not giving Von Schill Companion, it would be ALOT stronger, potentially allowing you to companion your whole Freikorps group at once. With the (0) action you only let -one- model activate after Von Schill.

I have a question regarding this leader zero action. If one or several of your freikorps have been pacified by pandora, can you activate this leader ability to allow a pacified model that is in range of this ability to move at the end of Von Shill's activiation?

During a recent game, we made a judgement call that since all models in range of this ability were pacified that Von Shill could pick one of them to activate at the end of his turn.

If there had been a model that was not pacified in range, he would have had to pick that one over the pacified models.

Did we interpret this correctly?