Tiny's Trip around Malifaux

Tiny

So im almost certain i went a little too crazy. Here's the 3 deliveries i got this week plus the crews i still need to finish painting:

crazy.jpg

Also add lillith's starter to that with a blister of young nephilim and lilitu and lelu.

Now I going to paint up a faction for cancon (a big convention in australia in january) the question is outcasts or neverborn? I already have a lot of outcasts painted ie the gremlins so i would need to paint the vikies and levie plus buy and paint vonshill. OR i could go balls out and paint me some baddies. What are people's thoughts? At the moment im keen for some baddies or maybe vikies.

Dayum, quite a pile of models you got there, wish I could afford to order that many, though I would probably get discouraged from all the models staring at me, haha.

Anyway, I'll second Outcasts since you already have the gremlins painted, then again, it's you who's going to be painting it all up, so you better pick whatever seems the most interesting of them, lest you might end up bored.

Are you a quick painter by they way? January isn't that far away, but I'll wish you good luck.

OR i could go balls out and paint me some baddies. At the moment im keen for some baddies or maybe vikies.

"Baddies"???

I thought you were considering Neverborn?

(Because the indigenous inhabitants are always the good guys. It's the invaders who are the vile interlopers.)

Anyway: my answer is obvious ...

You know what I've always liked a challenge so neverborn it is. Just worried about ruining LCB but i just wont paint him first up i suppose.

@Andros im a relatively fast painter i could knock over a model in a day (human sized one) without too much stress. Yesterday i did francois, ophelia and half of pere from the born on the bayou box.

@sezar, you may be a slow painter but your seamus crew is beautiful! Inspirational stuff.

@ooze, alright you twisted my arm.

I know it is random. But I see a bottle of zap gap. That is my favorite super glue in the world. Also why are you worried about ruining lcb. You can always strip it if you don't like it. I know its a pain, but paints not permanent. And since he is pewter you can use gas for the tough paint. Just make sure to wash it after using gas. But that's just my opinion on painting. Nothings permanent. But good luck on your painting tour. Can't wait to see some pictures.

PS. Your daydream box is empty, did chompy get hungry? ;-P

@imawyrd, mate zap a gap its the best hobby tool i have! its fantastic!!! I had so much trouble trying to rip the la croix family off their bases when i used that that i just gave up. (after around 5 attempts i got them off)

Also i played a game with the dreamer last night and they were all in random blisters. Omg i love the dreamer's play style.

• 2 weeks later...

OK i've been plugging away so i figured i should show some of my WIP's next up is the dreamer so here are my WIP bases for him:

DSC_0198.jpg

and here's him and his day dreams in base colours. I've got to go buy a new brush today so i can finish them off.

DSC_0203.jpg

In the next couple of days i should have teddy and these guys based and ready to go.

• 2 months later...

So i'm still alive and finally have the painting bug again after 3 months of not really painting, 40 degree days may have had something to do with that as well.

Well first up is going to be vikkies. It was actually a surprise to me as well as i have never been that tempted by them before but getting a good look at the models definitely inspired me to get another crew done. Also didn't realise I have 59 soul stones worth of the girls just lying around!

So here is the first WIP shot of them:

vikies.jpg

Note i also have hamelin and misaki to do they are currently drying after being undercoated.

These are the bases i'll be using for both the vikkies and my leveticus crew:

bases-1.jpg

If thats too hard to make out heres what they look like painted:

30mm%20urban%20rubble%20with%20round%20lip%20base%202.jpg

updates should come quite regularly with this one i plan to have the whole crew done inside 2 weeks.

Enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

Next up is taelor here's how she's looking so far. I'd like to have her done by tomorrow night.

taelor.jpg

taelor1.jpg

Not sure about the colour of the pants and definitely not sure about the colour of her glove. I'm sure something will come to me. Open to suggestions though.