Witchling Hunter

dafruk

I came across Malifaux models a few months ago when at a gaming centre for a tournament. At the time I'd heard the name of the game but knew pretty much nothing about it but had a look through the various box sets and was instantly taken by the models as just being so cool. So figured I'd buy a box and chose the witch hunters because the witchlings model (it was between them the death marshals and the zombie samurai).

Anyways forward on a couple of months and I'd not really done anything with the figures, I'd painted up a tonne of stuff for various armies I was expanding so the new games had all been put to one side. I finally got round to painting a witchling mostly as an experiment to try out some new stuff. Colours I don't usually work with - blue & yellow, light sourced eyes and gloopy blood on the sword. Also the models scream desert basing to me with the wild west feel to them, so went for that.

Malifaux3.jpg

Malifaux2.jpg

Malifaux4.jpg

Now I'm looking to start playing the game I'm not so sure the colour scheme really fits in with the feel of the game but think I'll just leave it as I'm likely to want to add more later so I can make use of sonnia's spell to create them so having an odd one out shouldn't give me too inconsistent a look as it can always be one which starts in my spares box.

Edited by dafruk
updated blog title

I don't particularly like the Witchling Stalker, I just feel the colours really don't fit maybe because they are so pure and the Stalker robes are so ragged, however Sonnia Cridd looks absolutely amazing. Sonnia is a top notch paint job and I think it's my favourite colour scheme I've seen on her so far.

I don't particularly like the Witchling Stalker, I just feel the colours really don't fit maybe because they are so pure and the Stalker robes are so ragged.

Have to say I largely agree, but all these things are experiments and I'm learning from my mistakes. Think I might consider reducing the yellow down to just the facemask on the next stalker and adding in a darker/dirtier colour for the lower robe.

Thanks to everyone for the comments and I'm just praying that my inspiration holds up and I don't make a horrible mess of the rest of Sonnia! These models have been great fun to paint up and as I say largely experimental in colours and trying to work on being more patient with my painting and it's definitely paying off in the results. There are roughly 10-15 layers in the blue in order to get the highlight looking ok where usually I'll do 5 at max with much thicker paint and it really shows.

Velsharoon, that made me laugh because it's something that had passed through my mind too when looking at her outfit, very 70's glam.