Guild vs Zoraida

Peoples Champ

If you had access to all the current models (from Book 1) that Wyrd have out what would be the best Guild 30ss force you could put up against Zoraida to combat her vodoo doll and conduit?

Granted Zoraida can choose from alot of models but I have been struggling lately. The last list I played my opponent used:

Zoraida

Vodoo doll

Convict gunslinger

Bad juju

Doppleganger

Waldegist

Any tactics gratefully appreciated.

This is what i would run at 30ss

Perdita +2

The Gov proxy 2ss

Nino 7ss

The Executioner 7ss

Francisco 5ss

Guild Austringer 5ss

So total of 26ss and you get 6ss on perdita.

So the proxy makes family members WP 10 in df, the Austringer is a wp 9 and your weak link will be the exactiuner at wp 7. If you don’t like the executioner you can sub him with Santiago at wp 10.

Next Perdita can cancel conduit with her spell breaker spell, this will delay a hag list like no other.

on the proxy it only kills models that lose a moral duel not a willpower so he is great at keeping the willpower up on your models, he also has a spell that can take suits out of models CB so no trigger happy for the convict and you can use this to trip up other models.

Waldgeists are tough suckers to kill but i would set the Austringer on it right away.

As for the executioner, he is your muscle, once things get into combat like bad juju use him to take it out and have it not return to play with his final repose. also you may use obey on him to give him extra actions.

Nino just shoots what ever he can, have him sit back and do his thing.

Perdita would be right in the thick of things shooting things up and charging things, remember she is as good in combat as she is at range since she has gunslinger.

Francisco is just there to be high wp and an extra hand in either range or melee. also good for grabbing vp points.

So that is my basic list to deal with zora base lists.

i hope this helps

-Andrew

This is what i would run at 30ss

Perdita +2

The Gov proxy 2ss

Nino 7ss

The Executioner 7ss

Francisco 5ss

Guild Austringer 5ss

So total of 26ss and you get 6ss on perdita.

So the proxy makes family members WP 10 in df, the Austringer is a wp 9 and your weak link will be the exactiuner at wp 7. If you don’t like the executioner you can sub him with Santiago at wp 10.

Next Perdita can cancel conduit with her spell breaker spell, this will delay a hag list like no other.

on the proxy it only kills models that lose a moral duel not a willpower so he is great at keeping the willpower up on your models, he also has a spell that can take suits out of models CB so no trigger happy for the convict and you can use this to trip up other models.

Waldgeists are tough suckers to kill but i would set the Austringer on it right away.

As for the executioner, he is your muscle, once things get into combat like bad juju use him to take it out and have it not return to play with his final repose. also you may use obey on him to give him extra actions.

Nino just shoots what ever he can, have him sit back and do his thing.

Perdita would be right in the thick of things shooting things up and charging things, remember she is as good in combat as she is at range since she has gunslinger.

Francisco is just there to be high wp and an extra hand in either range or melee. also good for grabbing vp points.

So that is my basic list to deal with zora base lists.

i hope this helps

-Andrew

That helps alot Andrew cheers for that.

Was thinking along the same lines but the executioner and final repose is one I had not considered so appreciate that idea.

Have a tournament in a couple of weeks but have not got Perdita and Francisco and don't think will be able to get them in time so may have to go with Lady J and maybe the Judge instead.

That helps alot Andrew cheers for that.

Was thinking along the same lines but the executioner and final repose is one I had not considered so appreciate that idea.

Have a tournament in a couple of weeks but have not got Perdita and Francisco and don't think will be able to get them in time so may have to go with Lady J and maybe the Judge instead.

Lady J should work fine she alot slower then most masters (Since melee master means you have to have an opponet to use unlike the other +1 actions making her a bit slower in doing what she does)

The Gov proxy is the perfect totem for Lady J in any list his CA of 5(rams) is the same as Lady j so he can cast her spells really easy like so the swap is not that bad and the gov proxy can now give out melee master to stuff for lady J speeding her up a bit more.

To tell you the truth the judge, peacekeeper and the daeh marshals are the only guild book one models i dont own, so i dont know how well they work in game.

But since V2 cards make Lady J and the judge count as death marshals add a death marshal with its "Finish the job" might work well if the judge is putting you over the top points wise.

I should get those death guys and the judge.... anyways I think the swap can work.

Good luck in the turny.

Spellbreaker won't work on the voodoo dolls conduit, since the effect is on the voodoo doll itself, not the target.

I'll have to check up on final repose vs Bad Juju. I know that sacrifice effects will prevent Bad Juju from returning, but I wasn't aware of anything else and I don't recall what final repose does.

As a general rule of thumb, high Wp and Immune to influence will cause Zoraida some trouble, but you need to remember that it doesn't shut her down. Bewitch might be harder, but she can still Obey her own minions to great effect.

From the looks of the list, your opponent seems to be going for a shooty crew, with the doppelganger mimicing the 'slingers paired pistols and Zoraida / the voodoo doll obeying them for extra shots. Bad Juju is for distractions/objectives and the Waldgeist is the bodyguard, providing protection from enemy fire and smacking people over the head with his forests.

Timelapses list isn't bad. The Governers proxy might be overkill but it certain wouldn't hurt. To me, the main threats are Nino and the Austringers. The Executioner is the kind of minion I'd love to conduit and obey into killing anyone I can. And whatever happens, your opponent would have to be mad to stick Bad Juju near him unless he's sure of being able to kill the executioner. You can take advantage of that by using him to bodyguard Nino and the Austringer but like I said, be careful about conduit.

• 2 months later...
Spellbreaker won't work on the voodoo dolls conduit, since the effect is on the voodoo doll itself, not the target.

My reading of Spellbreaker is that it will work on conduit, however you need to be targeting the voodoo doll with Spellbreaker (which seems fairly easy as there is no way to resist Spellbreaker) rather than the target of the conduit. I could be wrong though, haven't really played much Malifaux :(

Austringer! Ding that Doll. Cb7 v Df8 is as good as you're gonna get without having to get close/exposed. If Zorida creates a new doll, thats 2 of 3 action points you don't have to worry about.

vs Saggys, movement is key. Keep your stuff behind cover and don't be in a hurry to force any issues. She's not scary if you can isolate her. Eliminate the big nasties(not her chest) first and you might find your opponent making poor choices.

Astringers, Smart movement, and Isolation are my 3 keys to beating zorida.