Battle Brush Studios Commission Painting Log

Sigur

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Than at the top of #174 you where stating that you should have replied a different way which basically retracts your original reply .

After my original post I accepted what you had to say and left it alone , than when I came back to check your work out ( which I think is good work ) , you are stating that I should buy you a model cause I gave my opinion about extending a professional courtesy . There is no need to repete what I said in post #175 .

Thanks for your comments everyone. All I can say is that there will be Malifaux miniatures in here, most probably within the next two weeks, and that I don't want to annoy anybody.

Right, the week's been a bit crazy and it's been way longer than I thought until this update. I even am not as far with painting as I'd liked to be. Anyway, here's the current state of things on the new BA terminators:

bild-8703.jpg

bild-8702.jpg

I'll try to finish them tonight. The other BA terminators (from the Hybrids Space Hulk set) are finished. I'll post a picture of those very soon.

So that's that, I'll get tons more stuff done the upcoming week. C&C welcome as always and thanks for looking!

I'm just starting to get back into mini painting after a hiatus of several years, and your work is absolutely breathtaking and definitely inspirational. I especially love the steamtank, but I'm a sucker for anything steampunk.

Please keep posting your amazing work!

@Evaine: Thanks very much. :)

Well, some new pictures!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

batermisschrift1.jpg

cycstb1.jpg

cycstb2.jpg

cycstb3.jpg

pwsw2.jpg

pwsw1.jpg

stb1.jpg

stb2.jpg

stb3.jpg

And here's some new Empire stuff (I'm really kinda burned out on Blood Angels Terminators so the second batch of the urban warfare ones will take a tad longer while I pay some more attention to Empire dudes):

It's not much but at least pictures of the third batch - a marksmen detachment along with their leaders:

bild-8727.jpg

bild-8728.jpg

I know, it's a bit hard to see at this point. The first picture is pretty self-explanatory - 10 crossbowmen, 10 Ironsides. In the second picture, there's a very fancy Battle Standard bearer and a very simplistic Handgunner Captain. Both are slightly converted and have bitz from various kits. I really love how these characters are very essentially different and ....well, characters on their own. Looking forward to painting them.

I hope you like them so far. Comments are welcome as always and see you soon!

Edited by Sigur

Hey, I didn't really dare to post any updates recently (;) )but here's one I think I can post:

222636_md-groupwip1.jpg

In addition to those guys, I'll be doing a converted version of Nino Ortega, another Death Marshall and two Austringers. :)

Update time!

223182_md-.jpg

No real detail shots for now, I just like what the group shot looked like. :)

These minis are much fun to paint. Some companies keep on piling up details just for the sake of detailling but these don't have any of that stuff which I welcome.

@Dark Alleycat: Thanks. I took some more close up shots now.

@FoeRender: Thank you very much. :)

Here are the first finished minis - the Witchling Stalkers:

223582_md-.jpg

In these pictures I just noticed one or two small things I should fix but I think they're finished enough in general.

These guys are the next to be finished:

223579_md-.jpg

Here's the bunch that's somewhat halfway done:

223580_md-.jpg

...and here are the poor saps who are hardly touched at this point:

223581_md-.jpg

I hope that you like the piccies so far. I probably will add some pigments in the end to make everything look a bit dustier. Comments and critizism are welcome as always!

Edited by Sigur

A-ha! No replies yet, eh? Alrighty, it's time for a double-post then. :P

Los Ortegas! From left to right: Francisco, Perdita, Nino (converted), Santiago

223970_md-.jpg

Witchling Stalkers and Austringer#1 (without eagle for now). Those are still a tiny bit WIP:

223972_md-.jpg

...and here's the odd ones out:

223971_md-.jpg

I hope you like them. I'm planning to finish them all by tomorrow or Sunday (probably Sunday). Until then!

LOVE THEM!

Got myself an Ortega crew - unpainted so far - and I especially love the way you did Santiago, simple, but a nice flavour to him. The sniper, I forget his name, has never been my favourite but that is not only the best example of him I've seen it puts the model as a whole higher in my opinion. Also like the coffinless Death Marshals. Overall great stuff :D

@ThePandaDirector: Cheers. The sniper is Hans and with the bubbly head, he looks a tiny bit off with the rest of the crew but I guess the paintjob ties them together.

@durek: Hehe, I noticed. Thanks for commenting on here anyway. :)

@FoeRender: Thanks very much. :)

A weird kind of sickness held me back the past 3 days (just a light sickness really but combined with a stye if that's the correct term makes for general bad shape). ANYWAY, a little painting was done and the last Malifaux dudes are basically finished.

Austringer I, Enslaved Nephilim, the Executioner:

bild-8816.jpg

I probably need to redo the tubing on the back of the Executioner. There's one more guy (Austringer II) coming up but I haven't received the miniature yet.

Hope you like them.

Thanks. :) Those are Brotherhood miniatures for Freebooter's Fate system. I learned that their minis are very hit and miss (with many, many misses in my opinion) but the brotherhood ones are really amazing sculpts.

@FoeRender: Yeah, Freebooter miniatures often look not quite as great, especially the faces. The Brotherhood minis though...really nice. I was trying to think of highlights within that range but they are all great really. The big guy with the hammer and the leather strap isn't all that great but the rest is really fun to work with.

Anyway, the Guild Warband is finished now.

bild-8818.jpg

226431_md-Los%20Ortegas.jpg

226432_md-Odd%20Ones%20Out.jpg

226429_md-Death%20Marshals.jpg

226433_md-Witchling%20Stalkers.jpg

Hope you like them. :) For now I will have to go back to painting an army of Warhammer 40k things but either during that time or afterwards I will most probably tackle another Malifaux crew (which I'm really looking forward to).

Comments and criticizm are welcome as always!