Malifaux Gameplay clarification for a noob!

Boze

Hey folks! Noob here! Lol

So I am intrigued by this game and am trying to find somewhere locally to get a rulebook, kinda scarce here in Vancouver though I find.

Now my biggest question is on victory conditions, is this game just a big meat grinder? Or are there objectives, scenarios etc? I felt that was the strongpoint of at-43 and am looking for something that is along those lines.

I've had a hard time finding that in reviews on the web so I am hoping you guys can help me clear that up! Thanks!!

Let's just say during a league game I moved out strong and hit all my schemes and completed the shared strategy early. Then my opponent wipe every one of my models off the table.

Too bad for him I had 7vp to his 5vp. :flute: Sorry Pete.

Yes this game is very objective based even though you do need your models to complete those objectives some objectives are as easy as killing specific models to complete. Others require holding a position or retrieving an item.

I have left my WM/H's at home to play this game. It really is that fun.:approve:

Great thanks for the clarification!

I think I'm about to jump head first into this one, it really seems to fit the bill. Now I to figure out which models to pick! Overwhelmed hurray!

I'm basically talking to myself here but idealistically I would want something with a post apocalyptic priest/human oriented kinda set up.

From what I have read the balance is pretty good in this game eh??

yah there is just so much to learn which is cool! new book and everything eh?

I am trying to look for some sort of list of models and names so i can get a better idea of what i can get into ya know?

So far i am only having luck on google images, anyone know any better? A comprehensive unit list if you will.

The Wyrd online store has it all! The links at the top of the forums. Models are broken down by Faction (Guild, Resurrectionists, Arcanists, Neverborn, and Outcast). Crew box sets are located within each faction section or also all together in the box set section. You'll of course want a rulebook and I recommend a Fate Deck (its way easier than remembering which Malifaux-suit corresponds to which standard deck-suit).

The Wyrd online store has it all! The links at the top of the forums. Models are broken down by Faction (Guild, Resurrectionists, Arcanists, Neverborn, and Outcast). Crew box sets are located within each faction section or also all together in the box set section. You'll of course want a rulebook and I recommend a Fate Deck (its way easier than remembering which Malifaux-suit corresponds to which standard deck-suit).

I'm all over it like drunk on ugly.

I'm basically talking to myself here but idealistically I would want something with a post apocalyptic priest/human oriented kinda set up.

You might try looking into Nicodem The Undertaker. He's one of my favorite masters. He's basically a support caster that reanimates undead to do the bulk of his fighting.

Another alternative would be Leveticus The Steampunk Necromancer. While I've never played him, I think his flavor might fit what you're looking for a bit better. However, I must warn you, I've heard tell that he's one of the most difficult Masters in the game to master (no pun intended). In my opinion, he is certainly not a Master for beginners.

From the Neverborn (My favorite faction) Pandora might fit the bill. She's a great master, but again, is complicated to learn.

From the guild, maybe Lady Justice? She has that whole "Holier than thou" sense of righteousness and determination thing going on, but she's more of a melee artist than a priest.

I'm all over it like drunk on ugly.

I REALLY have to remember to use that saying! XD

I'd also recommend reading through the Chronicles(forum, top left links) for awesome background.

Dude thanks dragon, is there someone to contact who does the website? It is pretty crucial they advertise those links together, need to make their fluff stick out.

It's also silly when you click "Game" and it only gives you a vague couple paragraphs about the game, it is really far too difficult to find an overview for this game.

Thank god for tabletop geeks, 2 guys 1 board and lots of terrain, if it weren't for them i probably wouldn't have found this gem.

Thanks again dragon, I love the fluff.

I REALLY have to remember to use that saying! XD

I insist sir, it makes people smile and ugly people loved.

It is pretty crucial they advertise those links together, need to make their fluff stick out.

It's also silly when you click "Game" and it only gives you a vague couple paragraphs about the game, it is really far too difficult to find an overview for this game.

Thank god for tabletop geeks, 2 guys 1 board and lots of terrain, if it weren't for them i probably wouldn't have found this gem.

+1, BIG +1

I too never understood why they are not giving any info AT ALL on their game, on the official website! It doesn't help to sell their product and increase the number of players.

To me, Svenn and whoever more is on tabletopgeek is responsible for more Malifaux stuff sold than some of Wyrd's own crew, isf only for that, they should be Henchmen themselves :)

Edited by Sezar