Ramos' Crew

Bellygrub

I finally have my Ramos crew fully assembled and have started slapping some paint on them. I did order Doc Taranto to be my Gunsmith. He's on his way.

I'm also planning on using the Brass Arachnid as a Mobile Toolkit proxy since I somehow misplaced my little Warmachine half jacks.

The Fleur De Ly counters are going to stand in for scrap counters until I build some.

Now I just have to wait for the weather to warm up so I can prime the rest and continue painting them.

003.jpg

003-1.jpg

002-1.jpg

Thanks guys :embarasse. I was a little worried going in on Ramos because I haven't painted a "human" in close to ten years. It's been all Greenskins for me.

I had a lot of fun basing the spiders. I really wanted them to feel a bit like they were scrambling about in an old factory and once I saw I could get an opening box I had to have one crawling out.

Now I just need to find a good Joss proxy....

Great paint job - are those Antenociti crates I spy ? What about the bases - are they scratch built ?

Razorbreed

Not sure on the crates. I picked them up on eBay and they just came in a box.

However I just looked up Antenociti and I would say that yes, those are the same crates! I also want to thank you for pointing them out. They've got some great stuff on that site.

The bases that are painted are Back 2 Basix that I had laying around. Ramos is on Johan's base. The other bases are all from Dragon Forge, including the counters.

http://dragonforge.com/

I usually base all my models on Dragon Forge stuff. Jeff's an awesome guy.

Ratty has the right of it. Pancake Joss is one of the few sculpts I just do not like. I'm not a huge fan of using proxies either so I've been considering just not using him at all, which is why I have Johan in my crew.

I have an Iron Kingdoms Trollkin I'm likely going to paint up and use for now. Instead of a Native American he can be a Native Malifauxiean. We only game at home so I don't really have to worry about anyone giving me a hard time about what I use. :spider:

Thanks guys :embarasse. I was a little worried going in on Ramos because I haven't painted a "human" in close to ten years. It's been all Greenskins for me.

I had a lot of fun basing the spiders. I really wanted them to feel a bit like they were scrambling about in an old factory and once I saw I could get an opening box I had to have one crawling out.

Now I just need to find a good Joss proxy....

I've been using this guy to great effect.

Not perfect, but he's close and just needs some light modding

Managed to finish off most of Ramos crew. I've yet to tackle the Steamborg, it's an intimidating model to paint.

I also had to break down and order a Rusty Alyce proxy. I'm legally blind in one eye and she's just too tiny for me to paint. I have to stick to mostly "chunky" figures. I went with "Dirty Meg" from PP. It's one of those models I always wanted.

So I still have my Alyce, Joss and Gunsmith proxies as well as a Convict Gunslinger and Steamborg to paint. Hoping to get the done by the 23rd. I have a 45ss game and I'd like to use this crew.

Camera didn't want to focus on the little fellah's. But they're just metallic anyhow. Nothing fancy.

012.jpg

010.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Finally got my 45 stone crew (and summons) finished!. I decided to go with the Mobile Toolkit and re-based my Brass Arachnid on a 40mm base, bought a second one and used them as a Large Steampunk Arachnids.

Group Shot (sorry bad pic):

Malifaux1023021.jpg

Johan, Large Steampunk Arachnids, and the Gunsmith:

Malifaux1023026.jpg

Some Spiders:

Malifaux1023029.jpg

Ramos, again:

Ramos.jpg

Ramos, Rusty Alyce and Totem proxies:

RamosCrewAlyce.jpg

Johan and the Gunsmith:

JohanGunsmith.jpg

Electrical Creation:

EC.jpg

Partial overview of the town we played in today. The Carver mission. I managed to win by annihilating The Carver in one turn :D. It was magical. We changed things up a tiny bit by allowing all houses to be searchable, not just three, and we had a friend control The Carver.

Malifaux1023006copy.jpg

• 5 months later...