Kirai in a Brawl

Ratty

The hanged seem to be pretty decent with her. But you could always throw in Molly as your second master. Or Seamus, as he won't feel the sting of less corpses like the other two resers would.

Henchman can't be second masters, but you could take her as a Henchman.

You could also just not take a second master and take the bonus soulstones.

Sorry I was thinking of Spirit Food which is target enemy. But this means you could spirit food a mindless zombie and then use weigh sins on it and get 3 spirits plus a corpse counter.

-Heretic

Nope, the rule of Equivilency means that you can only summon 1 model off the death or sacrifice of a model. So you can get 1 Gaki from either spirit food or Weigh Sin as both count as Summons, you get 1 corpse counter and get 1 Seishin as Seishin are placed not summoned.

Ah, but I think because of the Mindless zombies' neutral ability they don't count as friendly to you. So you could spirit food and weigh sins to get some gakis up in the house for free! (hint. Do that every single turn.)

Update: this list is an instant win for escape and survive if you're smart at using all your summoned models as a meat wall. All those gaki come in handy.

Kirai has a great tactica thread up in the ressurectionist forum. Go check it out. This thread was specifically for a strategy to be used with her in a brawl.

Her box set is expensive, but from what I understand, it's pretty good out of the box.

I would disagree.. I believe it's unplayable out of the box. 1 Seishin just doesn't cut it, If you summon anything you have Kirai with no spirit shield. Without Shields she's a fragile a a porcelain flower. Also both Datsu-ba and Kirai auto-summon Gaki off some of their triggers and you get none in the box. This is one of Kirai's downsides.

I would suggest you need at least 1 clam shell of Gaki and one of Seishin to play sensibly with her. In the long run you probably want to boost this up to

2 Clams of Seishin

2-3 Clams of Gaki

1 Clam of Onryo

1-2 Clam of Geisha Harpies

I also like running hanged with her.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

A little question, it's very silly, but can Kirai take the Dreamer as the second master in a brawl, he is a spirit. My guess is if you do the only Nightmares you would be able to take would be Day Dreams, Night Terrors and Insidious Madness. As the Dreamer doesn't have anything about being able to take taking Nightmares from any faction and Ressurectionists would be your faction so you couldn't take things like Alps and Stitches. But I think it might be an interesting crew to play.

Edited by Ratty

Wow, I was hoping to keep myself to focusing on only a couple factions...

But as I am now building a good amount of variety to back up kirai, I may want to buy the dreamer and night terrors for a brawl...would be a fun combo to try

This game is draining my wallet :D

A little question, it's very silly, but can Kirai take the Dreamer as the second master in a brawl, he is a spirit.

Actually I don't believe you can. Kirai allows you to HIRE spirits from other factions but you don't hire masters. They are chosen before the hiring part. There may be a ruling elsewhere that contradicts this but I haven't seen it.

In a Brawl you must hire two Masters from the same Faction, or are eligible to be included in your Crew. When a special rule allows you to hire a Master from another Faction, you may also select theat Master's Schemes when chooshing Schemes (p.70)

looks like you hire a Master, and if I have a Kirai crew spirits are eligible to be hired. However I'm not certain of this.

If you look a little earlier on that same page it specifies:

In a Brawl, you must choose Masters to lead your Crew. At least one of these must belong to your chosen Faction, but both must be able to work with your Faction and/or Master. Then hire minions with soulstones ...

Kirai doesn't specify that she can work with other masters and the quoted text refers to hiring only after you've chosen your masters. Together our quotes make for a pretty ambiguous situation.

Hmmm, you may well be right. I had it in my head back during the discussion of the (at the time) soon to be released dreamer/LCB they specified you don't hire masters. Maybe I imagined that or misinterpretted what was said. Either way I can't find the post so I'm not sure. I guess if you DO hire masters you'd pick Kirai first then that would allow you to get the dreamer. It just seems wonky.

I would say yes you could use Kirai's special rule to get The Dreamer as your second Master.

But for hiring Minions as you would have selected Ressers as your faction you could only hire Resser minions and spirits from any faction. You would not be able to purchase Neverborn Nightmares.

Overall there are no clear cut rulings but from what I have read you do hire everything to create your crew.