Vicky Symbol Choice

Fushi Cho

I had the same question.

Ca 6 Ram/Mask

Dual Focused : When this model uses it's Ca, it can add either suit to the total, but not both.

Leveticus has the same rule, but he has a Cb trigger as well, so that's incorporated into the rule too.

Two of Viktoria's Ca triggers require Ram and Mask, so the way it's interpreted swings the power level a fair amount.

It's similar for Leveticus. He has a couple of spells that change in power level, depending on if you must pick before or after the flip.

Morgan Vening

I just read the rule (Dual Focused), and it doesn't actually say when the suit is added to the total.

So...the real question is when precisely a 'built-in' suit (one on a stat) is considered added to the flip total.

Anyone have an official ruling on this one?

>>Cocks a hopeful compu-/cyber-ear towards the rules marshals/game designers.<<

BTW: Lord Shaper, your sig makes me kinda want to start putting futuristic half-helms on my guild figs. :D

Edited by Gremlin Swarm

In the case where a stat doesn't have dual focused, the suit is set before any flips are made. I agree that the suit is checked in Step 3, "Calculate Final Duel Total & Activate 1 Trigger". What I question is whether or not you have to choose which one to set the suit as when you go to use that stat, or is it suit blank until you "check" it in step 3?

It seems that this would be a balance issue. I feel like there would be nothing wrong with setting it before the dual, it just increases the need for a player to try and predict their flips. That said, the effect of determining the suit along with the dual totals would just mean that dual focused models will hit their triggers much more often than other models. Not that this is a broken/bad thing, but I question whether it is the intended effect or not.

As I play both the Vikkis and Daw, I maintain that I make this observation with little bias, if any.

In the thread that was linked to earlier, there is a henchman that rules in favor of determining the suit during step three. In this thread there is a henchmen that rules in favor of determining it when the attack is declared. Can we get a more official ruling?

I'd tend to prefer choosing before the flip, but given that the thread mentioned above was moved to the resolved questions section (presumably by someone high-rankingly official (yes, I know that's not a real word, but it fits)), I'll defer to that interpretation until I hear otherwise from a rules marshal or game designer.

I agree with quotemyname, though, that it can have a fairly big impact on how useful/powerful Dual Focused is during play. Like he said, it's nothing broken, but it does make a difference.

BTW: I can't picture Hoffmann as Judge Giant. He's just not the big, burly type to me. I never really got into Judge Dredd, but is there a mechanical/nerdy judge in there somewhere? Who would be Hershey? Perdita, maybe?

Edited by Gremlin Swarm