Colette's Theatre

ninjahamster

Great idea, and nice execution. I was thinking, putting chairs around the tables would really get in the way of bases. Why not set it upp like the theater's closed for the night? You could have stacks of chairs that act like blocking terrain, but only provide soft cover for LOS.

Changed my mind. You could see through them, but they might provide armor. So furniture should be no neg twist to the flip, but Armor 1 to dudes behind it.

Edited by macgowan

All this talk of Colette's Theatre has inspired me. I think that I'm going to attempt to make my own. Excellent stuff here for sure.

I've decided to make my Star Theatre 3'x3' and have come up with a layout that when split in the middle in either direction gives a identical layout. My goal is to make it very playable so I wanted to make sure deployment would be even as well as possibilities for cover etc. Going this route will make it a little less cool looking but...

I'll post pics after I get the basic foamboard layout finished.

Edited by readerrayne

Seeing as I work in the theater or for a living I am also working on a theater for Colette. I am working on a proscenium dinner theater for her. That would have an arch(proscenium) on the stage separating the house from back stage. I am going with saloon tables for seating as the chairs would be a pain to build and be horrible to move through for terrain. Bar at the back of the house. Box seats at the lip of the stage, and possibly second floor of box seats or a balcony. Backstage area with catwalks and stage rigging, lots of crates and pieces of scenery. Use double doors for entrances into the hall and large loading doors backstage for the scenery. I have also toyed with making a number of different sets to go on the stage so the scenery within the stage can change between battles.

Seeing as I work in the theater or for a living I am also working on a theater for Colette. I am working on a proscenium dinner theater for her. That would have an arch(proscenium) on the stage separating the house from back stage. I am going with saloon tables for seating as the chairs would be a pain to build and be horrible to move through for terrain. Bar at the back of the house. Box seats at the lip of the stage, and possibly second floor of box seats or a balcony. Backstage area with catwalks and stage rigging, lots of crates and pieces of scenery. Use double doors for entrances into the hall and large loading doors backstage for the scenery. I have also toyed with making a number of different sets to go on the stage so the scenery within the stage can change between battles.

Yeah this is how I'm doing mine as well. Based on the story in book 2 it sounded more like a drinking hall than a fancy theater. I've been racking my head over what the floor should look like though I'm leaning toward large cobblestones at the moment, like 2"x2".

A quick search hasn't turned up any floorplans online, so I can't point to any specifics. That said, Cabaret was originally a combination restaurant/stage. I did have the opportunity to visit a French Cabaret a couple years ago, and while they prohibited photography inside, I recall that the basic floorplan was a large T-shaped stage, flanked by long tables. The perimeter of the room was elevated and featured more tables, although shorter (mostly 6 or 8 people, with the main floor seating 3-4 times that number). There was a balcony, although I did not get the opportunity to see what the seating arrangements were.

To provide some additional scale, the stage was large enough to support a swinging trapeze act - if there was a platform there was only a single one, at the back of the stage.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
I bought some tubing to construct a pipe organ, but then thought about the GW Sisters of battle exorcist pipe organ - only problem is the model is 35quid!

gonna keep an eye out on ebay

If you still want that pipe organ put up a request on bartertown.com. I'm a trader there and that site is great for getting bits and various odds and ends pretty cheaply.

• 4 weeks later...