Archanist Toolbox totem proxy?

kbdrand

OK... +1 for WarMachine proxys.

Here are some I thought of when this was suggested, even though I do not have the book, I will allow those that do to pass judgement based upon the concept art/rules.

Cygnar - Solo - Squire:

squire.png

Khador - Warcasters - Old With of Khador and Scrapjack:

old-witch-of-khador-and-scrapjack.png

Mercenaries - Warcaster - Gorten Grundback (Battlegroup, 3 smaller jacks):

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/mercenaries/warcasters/gorten-grundback-battlegroup

Alternatively, if you do not wish to invest heavily into WM, the Grundback Mercs also have 2 packs of Gunners and Blasters:

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/mercenaries/warjacks/grundback-blasters

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/mercenaries/warjacks/grundback-gunners

The Cygnar Squire is my pick based upon looks and would sit well with Ramos' spiders. The Scrapjack is very steampunk (boiler and chimney floos).

The others are also suitable size, however, Im unsure on the concept art.

Enjoy!

Edited by AvatarForm

So they boosted him but cuddled the crap outta Sorrows... why would wyrd deliberately make minis redundant with the new rules?

They released a new mini rather than re-write Ramos or the BA.

After seeing all that C. Hoffman can do, I wish they would have just re-written Ramos. For such a key player in the fluff, he seemed a bit lack-luster in game.

They do have a new minion called the Large Arachnid that looks suspiciously like a BA, saw and all(on a 40mm base). So you can still use the model. But as far as rules go, if you want Ramos to be as effective as possible, I can't see taking the BA over the mobile tool kit.

Power Creep has always been an issue in games, and having to re-write whole characters can cause more problems than solutions. The MTK and Ramo's ability to use the new Guild constructs is an uncomplicated solution.

They released a new mini rather than re-write Ramos or the BA.

After seeing all that C. Hoffman can do, I wish they would have just re-written Ramos. For such a key player in the fluff, he seemed a bit lack-luster in game.

They do have a new minion called the Large Arachnid that looks suspiciously like a BA, saw and all(on a 40mm base). So you can still use the model. But as far as rules go, if you want Ramos to be as effective as possible, I can't see taking the BA over the mobile tool kit.

Power Creep has always been an issue in games, and having to re-write whole characters can cause more problems than solutions. The MTK and Ramo's ability to use the new Guild constructs is an uncomplicated solution.

This explains alot. Thanks.

Im still a bit iffy on the expansion so soon after the Core Rules... some new players are still learning and now will need to double their intake, which is a bit excessive for newbies, considering getting your head around the activation and game system is enough in itself.

This explains alot. Thanks.

Im still a bit iffy on the expansion so soon after the Core Rules... some new players are still learning and now will need to double their intake, which is a bit excessive for newbies, considering getting your head around the activation and game system is enough in itself.

1 year is plenty of time for an expansion. That's how PP does it, and it works great. Besides, there were some balance issues that needed to be addressed, and the new book did that wonderfully. And people need new toys, or they get bored.

There are ALWAYS going to be new players coming in. You can't put of an expansion just for new players.

OK... +1 for WarMachine proxys.

Here are some I thought of when this was suggested, even though I do not have the book, I will allow those that do to pass judgement based upon the concept art/rules.

Cygnar - Solo - Squire:

squire.png

Khador - Warcasters - Old With of Khador and Scrapjack:

old-witch-of-khador-and-scrapjack.png

Mercenaries - Warcaster - Gorten Grundback (Battlegroup, 3 smaller jacks):

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/mercenaries

/warcasters/gorten-grundback-battlegroup

Alternatively, if you do not wish to invest heavily into WM, the Grundback Mercs also have 2 packs of Gunners and Blasters:

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/mercenaries/warjacks/grundback-blasters

http://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/mercenaries/warjacks/grundback-gunners

The Cygnar Squire is my pick based upon looks and would sit well with Ramos' spiders. The Scrapjack is very steampunk (boiler and chimney floos).

The others are also suitable size, however, Im unsure on the concept art.

Enjoy!

Just FYI, the squire is the only one of those models that is on a 30mm base. Everything else is on 40mm.

You should be a bit more careful (and considerate) with criticisms against volunteer playtesters, a lot of us put a substantial amount of effort and time into the development and playtesting of the Rising Powers releases.

If you're going to be a playtester, you probably shouldn't let your feelings get hurt so easily.

Though mistakes can happen during play testing, no game is perfect. Time is also a big factor sometimes things aren't sufficiently play tested because there is a moment if a game/expansion doesn't get released in the time the company may miss their big opportunity. You forget it's a business and maybe if they took longer play testing yeah they might of fixed all the "problems" but would the company have survived that long without some quick cash with the release?

If you're going to be a playtester, you probably shouldn't let your feelings get hurt so easily.
Believe me my skin is thick and my feelings are definately not hurt, meerly pointing out that it is always easy to criticize when looking from the outside and after the fact.

Dude, if you failed at something or failed to notice something in testing, you screwed the game for everyone and there are continuous errata to look forward to due to this.

My comments still stand.

Like I said you should be careful with your statements, people can tell a lot about you by what you have posted. How do you know these things weren't brought up or discussed (argued)?

My recomendation is to join up for the next playtest so you can lend your opinions to the mix and help shape the game. There should be an announcement for it coming up soon.

Believe me my skin is thick and my feelings are definately not hurt, meerly pointing out that it is always easy to criticize when looking from the outside and after the fact.

Now that's an entirely different matter, and I agree with you entirely. But a word of caution derived from experience:

1) no matter how hard you try, you're going to miss stuff.

2) no matter how close you get to perfect you get, people are still going to bitch and and say you suck.

All I know is that if I was a play tester, I certainly wouldn't broadcast it :)

But for the record, I think you guys did a bang up job, for the most part. I think a lot of the fundamental imbalances from book one where patched up quite nicely.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...