My gremlin painting diary

Tiny

Hey guys,

I've had these gremlins sitting around for 9 months but with the release of rising powers im super keen to paint them up and in fact almost all the crews.

To paint I have:

- Somer

- 8 gremlins

- 4 mozzies

- 4 piglets

- 1 warpig

- 1 hog whisperer

so 49 soul stones and i'm aiming to knock them off in less than a month.

Here's how things looked 2 days ago:

gremlins.jpg

And here's the first model done, not entirely happy with it but ill come back once ive done them all and pick out the wood more, as well as the skull in the swamp etc.

hog-1.jpg

So thats it for now, if you have any tips on things i can do better im all ears.

Thanks for reading.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the kind words guys, really pumps me up to keep plugging away at it.

Just a quick update to show what ive been up to. Just painting the base inserts, there is an amazing amount of detail on them its almost a shame to cover it up with another model.

Just waiting for a couple of washes to dry on the gremlins then they should be up shortly.

base2.jpg

base1.jpg

quick update before i head out to play a game, just waiting on a wash to dry before i start picking out the details for NMM on the gun/scope. Here's where im at so far:

grem1.jpg

grem2.jpg

grem3.jpg

As always comments and criticism is appreciated. Tried to light it up more this time not sure it worked however.

for the green i used GW paints, started with gretchin green foundation, then did a devlan mud wash, then picked out the high lights with gretchin green again, and then one last high light with camo green.

If you're going to be doing it that way just note it doesnt look good until u do the camo green high light.

@danyeru, high praise indeed thank you! hopefully it lures you to the green side!

I've been plugging away and here are the next 2 gremlins done:

DSC_0148.jpg

and a group shot so far

DSC_0158.jpg

Apologies for the bad lighting but its midnight here and just wanted to take a pic to show the progress will get a good one up soon if you'd like to see it.

Hey guys quick update, its been raining non stop here so i cant undercoat anything else but i've been plugging away and im painting all the bases i have. I'd say a base would take longer than a gremlin to paint. Someone on the aussie site sorted me out and lightened one of the photos i took so i thought id share it with you guys.

gremlight.jpg

@thaehl thanks for the comments! not sure what you mean by all out on the bases, buying the inserts or the painting?

Hope you guys enjoy.

Hey guys. Been plugging away still i figured because bases take longer to do than the actual gremlins that id do a chunk of them so i can speed through the gremlins.

So here they are, i've played around with the brightness a bit hopefully it worked ok so you guys can see everything properly.

base1-1.jpg

base2-1.jpg

Next up is 4 gremlins. I've got a game tomorrow night so hopefully i can get those done as well as 4 piglets.

as always comments and criticisms appreciated.

@avatarform, couldnt disagree more! i love the inserts i feel they give a depth to the miniature that has mostly only comedy going for it, being the simple sculpts that they are (fantastic none the less). Also i think the bases help to unify what would otherwise be a rag tag force.

@omenbringer, exactly well coupled with the fact that im not a huge fan of the basing conversions ive seen around.