Snowstorm

HoarcatsPride

Ok, well i've been wanting to get the Rising Powers book, but what is Snowstorm is he an Arcanist and is he for Rasptina?

It's actually an it and a She.

Snow/Storm has one of the coolest pieces of fluff in the new book, and although I'm not keen on paying 11ss for a 6w model, it DOES have def6 and is AMAZING at making everything move a bit quicker.

Although I think I'll be using(I'll be picking up both new Rasputina models) up one of the new Silent Ones. A bubble extension of 3" on all ranged attacks? Yes please.

One nasty thing I've been plotting with Snow/Storm is starting everyone in BTB with it, then moving 4", December's command, then foul weather (for another 2" move) so you essentially suck your little ice duders around 6" extra a turn.

I also think Ice Tornado could be nasty if you had a mask in your hands, getting off a couple of dam 3 blasts, twice in a row, could really ruin someone's day.

d

One nasty thing I've been plotting with Snow/Storm is starting everyone in BTB with it, then moving 4", December's command, then foul weather (for another 2" move) so you essentially suck your little ice duders around 6" extra a turn.

It's better than that, since you can catapult from behind to in front of Snowstorm (it's just push into base contact, not directly towards). So potentially you get Snowstorm's base + other's base, potentially about a good 3 more inches.

What to use with Rasputina just became a much harder decision.

It's better than that, since you can catapult from behind to in front of Snowstorm (it's just push into base contact, not directly towards). So potentially you get Snowstorm's base + other's base, potentially about a good 3 more inches.

What to use with Rasputina just became a much harder decision.

See, but I can't rationalize cutting out the Ice Golem. Dude's just so freakin' good.

Really I think it comes down to: which big guy do you want? Sure SnowStorm is essentially impossible to shoot (but then again so is most of Rasputina's crew, isn't that the point?) but once he gets into combat, I really have grown accustomed to the armor 2 on the big guy...

I can't rationalize dumping my Gamin because they're just so cool and cute and useful. And I like having an Acolyte running around. But the acolyte will definitely be dropped in favor of a silent one, Jeez they're nasty :)

d

My crew right now is a Golem, 2x Gamin, Cerberus, and Acolyte. I love the toughness of the Golem, and he has to stay.

But the others I can see adapting... The Cerberus could be upgraded to Snowstorm - I have the cat in there mainly for speed, which Snowstorm provides the entire crew. The Gamin could come out to try and handle an upgrade to the Silent One, since they're just there to be mirrors anyway (and I HATE how fragile they are).

Even with those, though, I love having the big cat in the mix. The Acolyte is a lot more flexible - he's been generally underwhelming for me so far.

My crew right now is a Golem, 2x Gamin, Cerberus, and Acolyte. I love the toughness of the Golem, and he has to stay.

But the others I can see adapting... The Cerberus could be upgraded to Snowstorm - I have the cat in there mainly for speed, which Snowstorm provides the entire crew. The Gamin could come out to try and handle an upgrade to the Silent One, since they're just there to be mirrors anyway (and I HATE how fragile they are).

Even with those, though, I love having the big cat in the mix. The Acolyte is a lot more flexible - he's been generally underwhelming for me so far.

I'm always VERY wary of slimming down crews. The thing is, having a Golem AND SnowStorm is 20ss, which leaves you with maybe 10 more ss to play with (a few more if you want to skimp on SS for Rasputina)-so MAYBE 5 models in a crew? I've played against Gremlin crews with six of seven, and I'll tell you it's no fun.

I really dislike the Acolyte. At first I thought I'd love him, but I really can't get behind him. The only redeeming factor is his 12" setup, but now that he can't be deployed on/near an objective I think he's really lost his worth. Silent Ones, however, will fill his role very nicely :)

d

When will it be released? Are you referring to the Abominable Snowman concept art?

*Sorry, dont have the new book, its in the mail.

The art in RP right across the page from the Silent One, that looks like a stereotypical Wendigo/Yeti (although the abominable snowman does work as well)-yes. The one with the priestess in front of it(it being the yeti)? I'm absolutely expecting the base will have both figs on it, otherwise I'll be a sad panda.

d