Newbie Starting with The Show Girls...

Conviviacr

Depending on your style you may want to try Johan.

Between Colette's rules and his own, he is cheap -- discount on his normal price.

Defensively he's harder to hit and harder to badly wound than the showgirls are (except the armour on the mannequins)

while offensively between Flurry, Brutal and ignoring armour he's got more than enough punch to down a peacekeeper or a teddy. If he's near Colette at the time he hits well too.

The synergy doesn't go the other way, but if you are looking for something else to add besides Coryphees and more of the same showgirls...

At this time, with just a cursory glance through, Johon is the only steamfitter that rule refers to.

Hoffman won't work with Colette even if Colette with work with Hoffman and all the other M&SU members are Arcanists already.

Beyond that, you could look at the MS&U assets.

I'd say that the Soulstone Miner asset and the Gunsmith look killer and Kaeris might be an option, in that she's another baddas chick for the chickadee squad.

But no special reason to take Kaeris and you might be able to do better stuff for your Showgirls by taking another Dancer/Mannequin over the miner -- and they are the same cost.

I did play Johan with my Colette crew on Sunday. He ended up being awesome in the game, as I was playing against Kirai, and his Magical Relic Hammer just ate through his Spirits. Plus, he has a pretty high Df as well. But, I did find it rather tough to keep Colette within the 3" of him necessary to get the M&SU bonus. It's a nice option though.

I yesterday used a Convict Gunslinger with my Showgrils...

he did very well...

:)

I was thinking of doing the exact same thing. Using the Gunslinger's ability to paralyze enemies who don't discard a card, coupled with the Poison 4 ability that the Showgirls have.... I love the idea.

Would there be any reason to NOT run Cassandra? She's good, but expensive. If I were looking to substitute her for the Corys, perhaps? Corys + Showgirl + Mannequin would be 20ss. Johan could fit in that crew for 5 more...

Thoughts?

I think that not running Cassandra would be a pretty bad idea. I've viewed Colette and Cassandra as one and the same for the purpose of building lists, they just work so well together that I can in no way justify not taking her. Also, I find that Colette on her own has trouble making proper use of all of her soulstones offensively, as while Magicians Duel and Discharge Soulstone are useful, she needs Cassandra to take down the big things. The Coryphee can help with this, but just not as well as Cassandra can.