Heartless Teddy?

alemon

i dont think cutting it off will work too well. You can probably do one of two things:

1: use a fortum to sand it off

2: just greenstuff over it and make the transition smooth. even if you do option 1 you will still have to greenstuff over the sanded area. so i would recomend this option. There are a ton of tutorials online for doing fur and i think its the easiest thing to sculpt onto a miniature.

hope that helps

Hmm. I like your idea. I may have to tweak it and build a teddy with a goldfish bowl for a stomach...

Nicely done, alemon. The risks would be minimal if you had the right tools and committed to the idea before hollowing him out. You could start small by drilling a hole in the middle and dremel your way out until you had a doubt. Always stop dremeling when you have a doubt.

I'll paint a "-alemon" under the goldfish to give credit where it's due...

Edited by Fivepipe

Oh, that gives me a good idea. Hollow out the heart area, green stuff in a small realistic heart and ribs without the sternum so the heart can be seen hanging in the cavity, all by itself.

If I wasn't already doing the care bear theme for my Teddies, I would so steal this idea. I may anyway. Pure win!

The safest way to go about this would be to scratch sculpt a new figure from putty or, given Teddy's size, Sculpy. Carving away metal is dangerous, every injury I've ever experienced in this hobby was related to cutting a metal figure.

I dunno... that's why we have tools like drills and dremels, safety equipment like gloves and glasses, and sensible grip aids like clamps and vices.

Not saying you can't get hurt, but if you're getting hurt regularly doing hobby activities, maybe place a bit more emphasis on safety ?

--

I just GSd fur onto the teddy I've done to cover his 'heart'.

yeah but if you have the money for all those tools required what is 16 bucks anyway

If the tools were partially gifts and you've been collecting the other equipment for 12 years, 16 bucks is still a lot. This is where the commitment comes in. If you commit to the project before you start, and take your time, you'll come out with something that you can at least be satisfied with...