Help with Ophelia

Xango

Hello guys, since i have Ophelia in preorder and because the shipping and handling is international i pay 55/60 usd just for sh&h so i can not wait for wyrd to take out new models, i would like to play ophelia as a master and build a crew of 30/35ss, what else can i order for her right now, just bayou gremlins? if this the case, how many? thanks in advance.

If you let her run your crew, I'm afraid that she can only hire Gremlin (and the "Kin" that are in Book 2) models. She comes with 6ss, so you don't want to leave too much of a gap. At 2ss per model, you would need 4 Bayou Gremlins for a 30ss crew, and 6 for a 35ss crew.

On the flip side, if you took her a a Henchman for Som'er, she would cost you 8ss, and that would take her boxed set to 30ss.

As chaosobscuros said she can only take (currently) Bayou Gremlins when she is acting as the crews master.

As for help, try running Ophelia with as many Bayou Gremlins as you can fit in the crew, dont even worry about other Kin models. Use the gremlin gunline strategy clustered tightly around Ophelia, until your opponent attacks them in melee. If they dont kill them with one hit then they auto-trigger "Squeel!" and run away to attack again (hopefully triggering "Dumb Luck" in the process). It is rather entertaining and amazing how much damage little bayous can do with this.

...the Gremlin Gunline is awesome with the fact that most of the Kin are able to overcome "Woops" so the Gremlins don't die quite as fast as they do with So'mer

Not to mention that if she takes only Bayou's (in a thirty point game) she can take up to 18. If they dont focus fire and use reckless they can make up to 54 ranged strikes a turn at up to 12 inches. Not to many models are going to be able to weather that storm.

Granted it's not all powerful or unbeatable, but it is funny as hell (especially the first time an opponent is on the recieving end of it)!

I have run her a couple of times now and I have to say she is great. My list has been all the kin, 3 gremlins, and one slop hauler. This leaves me with 4 SS in a 30 stone game. I have not come across a list that would work against the low WP of the gremlins but I am sure it would turn ugly for my favorite kin.

small gremlin with a gun too big for him to use. I am going from memory so I may be off. He has a 2 ss cost, standard gremlin stat line, he is a totem and kin. He is tiny so enemy models suffer a negative flip when targeting him. When he shoots his gun he is pushed back, like the the CC Killer. There is also some pig attraction ability, but I cannot remember well enough to tell you what it is.