C. Hoffman

Nutcase168

I love Hoffman. I will be getting into the guild when he comes out. I never really had an interest in the Guild till I saw him. My only question is which other guild master to get to run with him for Brawls. I am really not a big Lady J or Criid fan, so looks like it will be the Ortegas. I love the hunter construct, so will definetly be running them.

I gotta say I was right there with you on Criid but after seeing my friend play her I was like wow. I was looking at her all wrong she is heavy magic and anti magic. But one thing is for sure now I'm loving all the guild.

Lady Justice is our beat stick of doom.

Dita is our make your opponent look like swiss cheese range expert.

Criid is our magic vacuum to make casters hate us and dish out some nasty magic herself.

The Hoff is our construct casters who I can't wait to come out.

I think it's an interesting ability although I think you're right in that it'll seldomly be used. Here's my immediate thoughts on some uses for it:

- It's 3x1 Dg rather than 1x3 Dg, so effectively bypasses armor and object reductions.

- Removing counters against an enemy Ramos, Leveticus or Collodi might be what it's best at and here the removal in itself is worth the AP, generating some eventual Dg is just a bonus.

- His totem is also a scavenger so can pick up counters and take the (all)Scavenge action.

- The model from which the blast radiates won't be affected by the blast, but other nearby models will, sadly this is including Hoffman.

- Unless you have an immunity. There's no way of resisting the damage, Open Circuit might do more Dg, but there's still a resist.

- If you pick up the counters anyway for eventual use with his Combat Mechanic spell detonating the counters might be a good "Oh Shi-!"-button.

IIRC shield wall is a (2) action meaning you can't perform it if you're slow.

Sorry for the noob question but what's IIRC?

Also, are you all over looking Assimilate? Permanently adding a talent or spell to his already long list of benefits seems like a nice thing to have. (Assimilating self repair comes to mind)

Also, with Instinctual, he can Assimilate twice per turn.

Now, being new to the game I'm not sure what exactly he can Assimilate, but I think he can take things like mechanical rider's Power cycle, or just for fun watcher's flight xD

Edited by Spike0011

Sorry for the noob question but what's IIRC?

Also, are you all over looking Assimilate? Permanently adding a talent or spell to his already long list of benefits seems like a nice thing to have. (Assimilating self repair comes to mind)

Also, with Instinctual, he can Assimilate twice per turn.

Now, being new to the game I'm not sure what exactly he can Assimilate, but I think he can take things like mechanical rider's Power cycle, or just for fun watcher's flight xD

IIRC = If I Remember Correctly

Instinctual lets you do 2 zero actions, but you can't do the same one twice.

I want to try him out in a proxy battle soon to get a feel for him cause I think he's going to depend on order of activation a good bit.

hi guys how are you geting constructs to keep up with hoff for the ca bonus and the like, but still atacking and that , drawn to metle will let him stay near 1 but if you want any more near him you have to move them indipendantly, over protectiv hapens in the end phase so you cant get the shild wall bounse on a turn you over protectiv into contact and hoff wont get any bounueses untill the turn after cus it hapens at the end, how are you guys geting hoffs hariem to keep up.