hamlin the lonley

izikial

Unless I'm mistaken, and I very well could be, as I've only glanced over someone else's copy of book 2 so far, but I believe Hamelin can only be with Ht 1, Insignificant, and Soulless models. So no one but Levi can join him in a brawl.

I think he can be taken with The Dreamer too but that would be it. Outside Leveticus that is. Someone already posited that if you wanted to abuse the rules, you could try to take the dreamer in any army by hiring Minion Hamelin.

ok thanks guys, i like hamlin but he seems to limited for me, and like levictus was, hes another master with no modles, thanks again guys

There are at least 11 models in the first book alone that you can take with him. That is not even including totems, not that it would all mesh well, but the options are out there none the less. I would imagine you could find another 10 in the second book as well.

yeah i supose but i like to make very themed crews so id perfer to use hamlin based models, but i do see your point

Well what do you see as Hamlin themed? You could do lots of rats with little children, that would have a piped piper feel to it that would probably do pretty well. There is also the option to have a dog themed army if that is more your style. Or Dogs, Cats, and rats if that is your thing.

After having finally received the rulebook I am by far the most intrigued by master Hamelin.

I think Scraps are the most common gametye by far, but my bet is he'll be nasty as hell in Brawls with Leveticus, his main problem seems to be being unable to get cards, with Leveticus the two will form a freakin' CARD FACTORY!!

Leveticus gets a full hand when killed/sacrificed.

Alyce will give you 2 cards more.

Leveticus can get cards from Disciplined Caster.

Hamelin makes you draw cards whenever the opponent cheats.

Hamelin can sacrifice models (hinthint: Leveticus) to get cards.

Assuming that the Wretch should be soulless rather than a Nightmare she'll get you a card each turn aswell.

Might even have missed some.

The only problem with this tag team is that every list will currently look like this:

Hamelin

Leveticus

Alyce - 8SS

Nix - 7SS

The Stolen - 3SS

Total: 18 SS

The rest is for cache or Canine Remains.. But you can of course kill those Remains to summon Abominations (and thereby Desolation Engines) and Rats (and thereby Ratcatchers).

The only other Brawl option is the Dreamer where Hamelin can bring all his normal models, but Dreamer can only bring two kinds of Nightmares: Alps and Daydreams, which might actually be sufficient.

Finally in scraps, not counting totems (as I don't see him bringing any but the Wretch anyway), I counted a total of 16 models that he can bring, alot of them quite thematical imho.

Most of the models he can hire outside the ones specifically designed for him are either kids or animals anyway so should go well.

There are about 10 models in each book that he can use, and that is not including Gremlins and Totems. I could not see anything that would stop him from grabbing gremlins as well that could be anther 5 to ten models as well, putting him near a choice of 30 odd models to pick from, which is a lot more then some other people get. I think the potential for themed armies is really high with him.

The only problem with this tag team is that every list will currently look like this:

Hamelin

Leveticus

Alyce - 8SS

Nix - 7SS

The Stolen - 3SS

Total: 18 SS

Don't the stolen get summoned by Hamelin as a (1) action? I don't see any reason to actually start the game with one of them. If you are just killing it for the rat then a Canine Remains would be cheaper at 2 points.

There are about 10 models in each book that he can use, and that is not including Gremlins and Totems. I could not see anything that would stop him from grabbing gremlins as well that could be anther 5 to ten models as well, putting him near a choice of 30 odd models to pick from, which is a lot more then some other people get. I think the potential for themed armies is really high with him.

It specifically says in Hamelin's abilities that he cannot hire Gremlins.

Don't the stolen get summoned by Hamelin as a (1) action? I don't see any reason to actually start the game with one of them. If you are just killing it for the rat then a Canine Remains would be cheaper at 2 points.

Well the advantage of starting with a Stolen is that he's one of the two models that summon a rat even when sacrificed.

Not sure whether that justifies starting with him or not, but if not then you have to buy another canine or two which is even more boring..

[Edit]

Advantage of starting with Stolen is of course two cards (alternatively an Obedience cast) while still getting a Rat and a (0) action for Nix.

[/Edit]

@Prodigal Punk: 16 models :/ and he can't hire Gremlins.

Book1:

Canine Remains, Kade, Candy, Sorrow, Terror Tot, Moleman, Hoarcat Pride

Book2:

Nix, Rat, Ratcatcher, Stolen, Desperate Mercenary, Hound, Night Terror, Alp

Totems:

Alot, but I'm only counting the Wretch as anything else would be a weird choice.. Though coming to think of it he could hire a Grave Spirit when with Leveticus (as Leve currently prevents him from hiring the Wretch).

I don't think I'm missing any..? :S

Edited by Wodschow

You are right, did not read him carefully enough, and forgot about the no constructs part, was including some gamins ect in my count when I should not have been. Still a good amount of models to play with. Unless they errataed it I think piglets are an option too, but it still puts me far short of my initial estimate.

The rest is for cache or Canine Remains.. But you can of course kill those Remains to summon Abominations (and thereby Desolation Engines) and Rats (and thereby Ratcatchers).

I just have to make sure you understand that Necrotic unmaking can't be used on friendlies to make SPAs. Lots of people seem to be making that mistake lately. The only way to turn friendlies into SPAs is to put blessings of desolation on something and have it kill things in melee.

So that's a lot of activations and control cards spent towards not achieving your schemes/strategies. You either have to have Leveticus do the melee-ing which means you'll almost have to burn control cards to kill the dogs (although you would get to use lousy ones for this with face of death). Or put blessings on something else and cheat for the crows (unless nix or hamelin have a built in crow).

Also (something you may already be aware of) I think the new rule of equivalency would mean you can't get a rat and an SPA from the same kill.

I have to admit I'm still curious to try the two in a brawl. You make some good points about how many great card shenanigans they'll have together. But I'm not quite as optimistic about their potential as you are. :)

Humm.. Yeah you are right.. It wasn't what I was thinking, but my idea was equally (if not more) wrong..

I was thinking of simply killing the Canines and use the counters dropped for SPA.. But Canines don't give you the choice of dropping either Corpse or Scrap counters.. ¬_¬ Don't ask me why I thought of this.

You could still (all)Scavenge though I suppose and summon your first SPA in that way.. Though it'd kill your card-income and stuff.. Not adviseable.. :)

Edit:

I suppose in a Leveticus/Hamelin tag-team you should just let Leveticus do his thing on his own and let Hamelin have fun with killing dogs.. Poor things.. :D

I'm not much into Brawls though, so don't mean to sound too enthuastic about it.

Hamelin on his own is what I'm really itching to get to try. :)

Edit: Also I didn't mean to imply that you could get both rats and SPA from a single kill (that is probably the only thing of the Rule of Equivalence that is totally clear (I hope they clear it up soon.. It's the single one thing I'd mostly like to see a clarification on currently)).

Edited by Wodschow