What are we allowed to say?

This is becoming a sticking point as some of us have book 2, and some of us don't.

I would be happy to just type up entire unit entries, but I'm sure someone at Wyrd would be considerably less happy if that happened. So what is the limit of information we are allowed to write about for specific units?

For instance, GW allows all statblocks and abilities but not specific point costs. Does Wyrd have a similar position on the matter?

I think your definitely not allowed to type up unit entries, that defeats the purpose of people buying the book. The book is on release now so people will start to get it over the coming weeks.

I'm guessing at this stage you can only really discuss tactics and rules questions for the new guys, but obviously only people with book 2 will be able to properly reply.

I doubt they'd mind if you said "can someone explain how the power ...... works please" but i think they would mind if you replicated the whole entry.

Obviously this is my opinion not wyrd's but i'm guessing they are knackered from gencon atm so might be a while before you get an official response.

And I'm ready to start talking about it!

The Dev team and Partners should be getting back home and on these forums as regularly as we're allowed. I think I'm the first to get back to my normal routine (and a night of full sleep, thank you Bug King and Keltheos for keeping me up all night in those stupid Dungeon killer games that went on 'til three in the damned morning...).

Let's start yapping about Book II already!

Well my english isn't perfect, but i hope you will be able to understand my post:

Games Workshop do show the unit's profile, thats right. But they don't show the pointcosts per model, nor do they show the additional wargear the units could be equipped with(eg Options) nor do they show the units specific rules in Detail (Special Rules).

In fact, the "customer" could see what the units could effort due to it's profile but he do not know if this unit is worth its point costings or how you could equip it in Detail (Flamers, heavy Guns...). So the only thing given as information is the same as printed at the back of the Warhammer 40K/ Warhammer Fantasy Battles rule book.

In Malifaux the whole stats (including all specific rules, the ammount of soulstone you have to pay for the character and all specific Abilities) are noted in fully Detail in the core rulebook.

So the "customer" knows everything about a character, there is absolutly no need to state the stats in this forum (or anywhere else) because every player owning a Rulebook of Malifaux knows everything he needs.

And beginners don't have no use for that stats ( be it games workshop's stats or Malifauxstats) because without the knowledge of the core rules the beginner isn't able to categorize the information given at the web side.

Edited by Yggdrasil

You're right on all counts, Yggdrasil. The issues right now is one more due to timing. Over here we just wrapped up Gen Con and many of our players have the new book from there, but it's not widely available beyond that con. So players naturally want the skinny on what models are in the book and what they can do, etc.

So, the question "What are we allowed to say" - what's not said in that question are the words "Until we all have access to the book". ;)

Ahh, ok now i get it.

Sorry that I have totally missunderstood the question, english isn't my mothertongue, so please pardon me :)

@ (real) topic ^^:

I agree to Kagelong.

Someone who mentions some "new" backround/ rules stuff anywhere on this board could write

in front of it, so that anyone else reading it is able to decide on his/her own to read it or to "ignore" it (if he/she wants to wait for his/her own book arriving)

Regards

Its more an issue of tact than anything else at this point. Folks have the book in hand, and are obviously excited to share what they've learned. Adding [spoilers] to the thread subject will help keep those who prefer to be surprised on their own from having their Christmas presents opened early by stumbling into the wrong discussions. ;)