Who needs joss and the steam borg?

TimeLapse

well i know both the borg and joss are good I never have needed them in my Ramos list.

the core of my list is

Ramos

Rusty Alyce

brass

spiders and swarms

I have been known to throw in johan or the convict but the swarms are all I need for combat.

the swarms are really good with melee master (+2), self repair and a +1 to damage filps. you really cant go wrong. the fact that they at lest do 3 damage and can possably hit 4 times in a turn.

after 3 attacks you split and then you have three latch on's and three more attacks. add on the rest the skills plus Ramos's/Brass's arcing screen you just cant go wrong.

If you cant hit then you control detonation things to death.

In my mind Alyce is worth the points just for the cards, add in her range attacks spells it just too good.

yeah Joss and the borg have cool stuff too but give me steampunk Arachnid anyday.

post you ideas on spiders or why joss and the borg are way better then swarms. But i think we can all ageee that ramos is seven shades of awesome.

- Andrew haught

Edited by TimeLapse

I know how you feel.

I've just recently started substituting the Borg with other guys - have been trying the Convict, Johan and Joss.

But pound for pound, those swarms rock.

The only other thing that comes close to the same amount of usefulness is the Electrical Creation.

The EC has been the MVP of more games than I can count for me.

I had never seen the prior myself, funnily enough, because I'm still relatively new to the hobby. XD

Glad to help though. Truth be told, if she didn't help in the card draw dept. I'd likely just run another spider swarm. Much like the thread title indicates, I think they do me better than the Borg does. Which is a shame since I like the model...