Hunting for GWAR miniatures....

Wait, GWAR had a game, let alone minis? Where can I get info on this?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/12313/gwar-rumble-in-antarctica-miniatures-rules

Shows some pictures of the figures, too.

Here are a couple of the figures that I painted up to use as escaped Gladiators in a Broadsword Adventures game:

IMG_0007-23.jpg

IMG_0008-20.jpg

Edited by Heldrak

Wait, GWAR had a game, let alone minis? Where can I get info on this?

They certainly did. (I should post a shot of the full team, now that they're finally finished.) The game is long out of print, and wasn't really all that good. The company (Demonblade) that made it isn't around anymore either.

They show up from time to time on eBay. I'd recommend doing several saved searches with terms like "rumble antarctica" "GWAR game" and "GWAR miniatures." You'll get e-mailed when anything matching these criteria pops up. Though, the books show up (sans figures) fairly frequently, so be warned- the auctions don't always make it clear you're not getting the figures along with the book.

I love Gwar and Kyle has just made my year! Not expecting the game to be very good, but still, GWAR!

I've a feeling they'll end up being used in other skirmish games which could be a lot of fun - GWAR take on Hell in Hell Dorado, the 41st Millenium in Necromunda, the ravaged city of Mordheim, go toe-to-toe with mighty heroes in Avatars of War - and of course will leave everything in their midst a sludgy mess of entrails. Man this is gonna be SWEET!

My mate picked up the Ankh Morpork City Watch in its entirety the other day. We were discussing proxying them in Hell Dorado as Westerners and Gwar as Demons. Oderus and Vimes battling it out in hell!

However I think he intends to be mostly using them as Guild Guard, haven't quite figured out how to fit Gwar into Malifaux yet. Besides, they'd have been sleeping under Antactica when the breach opened.

• 5 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...