Hooded Rider

Hand_of_Vecna

So, I haven't seen him talked about. He looks useful but, I am concerned about the low Df . Passage of time/Chase the Sun seems like it can be very strong used strategically.

Night grants immunity to ranged attacks so it could be great for starting the game. That and his strikes making models unable to attack him should rape ranged crews with one or two strong melees.

Morning coupled with mounted combat lets him run by a model and hit it making it slow.

Noon seems like a good tool for mowing down weaker models or going out with a bang when you doubt it will survive to another activation.

Also since I didn't see a release date for the model does anyone know a good proxy?

So, I haven't seen him talked about. He looks useful but, I am concerned about the low Df . Passage of time/Chase the Sun seems like it can be very strong used strategically.

Night grants immunity to ranged attacks so it could be great for starting the game. That and his strikes making models unable to attack him should rape ranged crews with one or two strong melees.

Morning coupled with mounted combat lets him run by a model and hit it making it slow.

Noon seems like a good tool for mowing down weaker models or going out with a bang when you doubt it will survive to another activation.

Also since I didn't see a release date for the model does anyone know a good proxy?

I just use Teddy as a Proxy for his as they are the same base size. OTherwise use the Mature Nephilim for him. Either work.

My experience with him has been mixed. He is a bit unlike the rest of Neverborn in that he is very straight forward in what he does. But at the same time, he does that very very well.

You are correct with the assessment of all of his abilities. He his like a mac truck. But he doesn't have a ton of defensive abilities. Primarily I get by with keeping him out of LOS untill it's combat time and then generally make a Mounted Combat action to ride in, strike someone with whatever ability I think I need on me, and then riding back out of LOS.

If I have to stand and fight with him, I know he will probably die. So I go with Noon for Wreathed in Flames and let people burn as they try to kill him. Regen 1 does help him out a bit to survive little scratches, so it gives Morning good use for its hard to Wound 1 (meaning the enemy can rarely cheat damage against him). Otherwise if I'm playing Pandora with him, I generally try to protect him by putting Dementia on people near him. Or just going for my old motto, "Dead Foes don't make you dead" ;D

I have this crazy theory about our Hooded friend.

Has anyone else noticed that he is the only model yet to be released? Of course you have. My point is this though, I would love to see "Time of Day" characteristics added to Malifaux. I mean, he is a bit out there for being a Neverborn, or any faction for that matter, and when he does come out, we'll be upon Book 2 anyway. It just seems like there is more purpose for him than what we know right now.

Even Pandora has an avatar form. (She's the only one who has a second sculpt, or I should Master with one.)

Just my opinions, but I could be completely wrong about it all.:D

I think he hasn't been released because along with the Peacekeeper, it's probably going to be one of the largest and most complicated models Wyrd has produced.

That, and they only figured out the concept for it earlier this year. ;)

Edited by Rathnard