Ideas for the Neverborn

wolfdaddy2002

First off: I haven't played yet, was supposed to this weekend, but my rulebook didn't come in. :( But my wife, twisted gamer that she is, came up with two ideas for a new troop for the Neverborn.

Suicide Bears: Yes stolen from the idea of suicide bombers. Small teddy bears that charge, grab on, and explode. To balance them out I'd say limit their number per group. Second, give them a good chance of exploding if hit by a ranged attack.

Swarm Bears: Small teddy bears, (4-5 on a base) armed with knives, that charge an attacker. I'd say, each wound / hit point they suffer removes one bear.

Anyway these are just thoughts. I hope you all like them,

just because another faction has something, isn't a reason another faction can't... :angel:

personally, i'd go for something unusual; 40mm Base of bears / dolls.

give 'em a spell that any ht 3 mini can throw them (think the Flesh Constructs' Fling in reverse), then another spell that negates all cover and restricts movement within 4" as a swarm of bears grasp onto anything nearby :)

How about a great big (50mm base) bear that has a (tough to get off) spell that allows them to swallow a target whole? (Kinda like Pine Box, but using different stats. Maybe df vs df to get out?)

Read that as pig bear...

MAN-BEAR-PIG!!

HALF MAN, HALF BEAR, HALF PIG!!

Sorry :flute:

So basically you guys are talking about the next rule book having a new Neverborn character, who we will call Gal Ore, that allows you to recruit pigs from the mercenaries, and has a special ability where you sacrifice Teddy, a warpig, and any living male model within 6" to summon a Man-Bear-Pig.

I'm in for this. Maybe the model can be released on April 1st.

First off: I haven't played yet, was supposed to this weekend, but my rulebook didn't come in. :( But my wife, twisted gamer that she is, came up with two ideas for a new troop for the Neverborn.

Suicide Bears: Yes stolen from the idea of suicide bombers. Small teddy bears that charge, grab on, and explode. To balance them out I'd say limit their number per group. Second, give them a good chance of exploding if hit by a ranged attack.

Swarm Bears: Small teddy bears, (4-5 on a base) armed with knives, that charge an attacker. I'd say, each wound / hit point they suffer removes one bear.

Anyway these are just thoughts. I hope you all like them,

Suicide bears; not really the Neverborn style. Other factions are more the explodey type because they are constructs that are just obeying the person that made them (except Papa Loco, who is just a crazy bastard). You gotta keep some distinction between factions or they all just start to blur together. Besides, Baby Kade loves his Teddy. If he had more Teddys, he wouldn't want them to explode!!!

Teddybear swarms, however, that would be neat.

so, throwing some numbers about...

Swarm o' Teddys - Neverborn Minion 40mm Base

Soulstone cost: 8SS

Construct, Insignificant, Rare 1*

Wk/Cg Ht Wp Ca Df Wd

4/6 1 5 3 4 6

Padded Arms

Rg :melee1

Cb 5

Dg 1/2/4

Abilities:

Pad the Numbers: Increase Rare1 by 1 per Friendly Zoraida / Baby Kade / Teddy in Play

Immune To Influence

Actions:

(0) Too Many Wee Ones!:

Miniatures within a distance of this miniatures' remaining Wd (in inches) may not benefit from Soft Cover and suffer -1 Wk/Cg

(0) Scamper:

Ranged attack flips suffer :-fate when targeting this miniature.

(2) Flurry

Triggers:

Df(:masks) Puff Of Fluff: after Killing this miniature, miniatures within 4" suffer :-fate to any skills / abilities using :ranged

Spells:

(1) Toss Me!

(CC:10:masks / Rst: - /Rg: 1:melee)

Must target a Friendly Ht3 Miniature. If cast successfully, Push this Swarm its Cg in a straight line.

If this Push takes it into contact with any terrain / other miniature, this swarm suffers 1Wd and may make a Padded Arms Strike

Wow! Thanks everyone! I still haven't even GOTTEN the rulebook yet. The Swarm of Teddy's is a cool idea. Thanks for letting me know that exploding bears are not the Neverborn style. I don't even know what faction I'm going to play yet, I was just putting out some ideas for Wyld Games. So the Neverborn aren't into suicide types? Good to know. Hopefully my book will come in today! I'm looking forward to trying the system out. Once I play it a bit I'm sure I'll come up with some ideas.

• 4 weeks later...