Hello :)

Vanor

Hello everyone.

Saw this game mentioned on a Warhammer 40k board I visit and decided to check it out. I really like what I've seen so far. The rules seem to be better then WH 40k, and with a much easier entry point.

I don't have the rules or any mini's yet. But my LGS owner told me he picked up the rules and a stater set, and that someone else there is interested. I plan on picking up two sets most likely because I have friends who would most likely enjoy playing but don't have the time and/or ability to paint.

I think I'll most likely be using the Arcanists as my main faction. I like how they look, and prefer a move and shoot type game play.

I have a question however.

I've seen Book 2 mentioned a couple times... Is this v2 of the rule book? If so when might that be coming out? I'd hate to buy the rule book at the end of the month only to find out that a update is coming out next.

To be honest, I'm not sure whether its worth the wait or not for book 2. I mean I can't confirm if it will have the same previous rules in it or just a bunch new ones (or both). But in my opinion I would go ahead and buy book 1 just so you can get used to gameplay and the rules.

Another idea, if you like to move and shoot, I would strongly recommend looking into Perdita and her crew called The Ortegas. They are apart of "The Guild" (red/burgundy). Every member has excellent ranged attacks and it would work well as a starting crew for yourself.

I'm sure many other members will post other options and opinions but never-the-less, Welcome to Malifaux. We're glad to have you. I'm sure you'll find others around your area to play with as well as your friends. :)

P.S. You can find the opponent thread here. It gives a list of nearly everyone here and where they are from.

Hello And welcome vanor, I believe that you will need both books because at this link http://wyrd-games.net/forum/showthread.php?t=11681 they talk about testing the book 2 rules. So their might be some new changes. And I believe that the new book is going to be released at gencon in August. I'm not for sure though. But again welcome to wyrd-games.

I would strongly recommend looking into Perdita and her crew called The Ortegas.

That was the other one I was considering. I'm sorta planing on picking up two box sets so some of my friends can play without having to buy and paint their own.

If I do then Perdita would likely be the other set I buy.

Thanks for the update on Book2... If it's not going to be out until sometime in Aug, I'll get book 1 now and check out book 2 when it comes out.

My LGS owner picked up this line to sell at his store and at least him and one other person will be playing it. So between them and my other friends who like these games but don't have time to paint... I should be good for people to play with. :)