Making a Mining town

Tauboy

Any way of getting a comparison shot of the western buildings to the Malifaux guys?

I would really like to get a couple of these and... abuse them a bit with some steampunk and gothic bits, but before I throw hard earned soulstone at them, I need a good comparison shot.

After what seems like an eternity I’ve finally finished stage 1 of making a mining town

So far I have a few small buildings and some fences and boxes and stuff

DSCF2465.JPG

DSCF2467.JPG

DSCF2468.JPG

DSCF2469.JPG

DSCF2481.JPG

DSCF2479.JPG

Next up I have to do some scenic’s, things like rock formations, scrubs, tree’s etc, by which time my second order of buildings and more fences should have arrived, then all I have to do is some hills and a mine entrance and it’ll be done

I’ll keep you informed of progress

Cheers

Mike

I think honestly it is how you incorporate the the hovels into the wild west stuff. Because I mean like id you do it well it will defiantly look well. Because Malifaux is such a mix of different genres that it would really work well. The other thing is in old west towns especially boom towns you will have the more permanent buildings toward the town center while having hovels like that more on the outskirts and near mining encampments.

They do look nice, though a little costly with shipping to the UK. I already have 5 Hovels wild west buildings, unsure whether these would blend in ok or look silly?

I've just ordered a Western building from TSS as I want to see how it matches sizewise with the shacks I have already

and also HPSoundwave is correct that you can have part of the board with western style building and use shacks on the outskirts of the town

I'll let you know how I get on

Mike

HPSoundwave is correct that you can have part of the board with western style building and use shacks on the outskirts of the town

I'll let you know how I get on

Mike

You know those three words have a very nice ring to them...lol. The other thing aside from historically when dealing with wild west boom towns is the fact that this is a fantasy offshoot and being that it is a magical other dimension really as long as it is blatantly not "for the God emperor of mankind" or "stark industries" or "rebels woo blowing up the deathstar" on the buildings themselves really any non modern terrain you have would probly fit for a malifaux town. At least that is my understanding of the Hodgepodge mix of design.