Killjoy in a Neverborn list?

JarnabyBones

Killjoy seems to work best in conjunction with slow to die models (of which we have none), although we have a good selection of the next best thing - cheap minions. A terror tot is probably the best target, since he's cheap and fast enough to run up to the enemy before you sacrifice him.

I'm sure I must be missing something, but couldn't Zoraida summon Killjoy out of her voodoo doll? The only problem is that you generally don't want to be anywhere near Killjoy when he activates. So a Raven +20" Wk might be pertinent for her next activation. ;)

Personally though, Killjoy probably isn't as good for the Neverborn as he is for other factions. He primarilly needs masks, which is something our crews generally want to keep a hold of. And as hard-core as he is, we still have a perfectly good face-beater in the form of a Mature Nephilim.

Alright Rath, this is how I know you and I can get along. I was out with friends and was racing back because I had the idea to use the voodoo doll, and you beat me to it!

I agree that a quick raven activation is a good idea, but lets think about alternatives. His first activation normally doesn't have much team killing, and he is NOT immune to influence, so you could even obey him on her next activation and have him charge, using repulse first if he needs a few more inches.

If you don't wanna sacrifice a Voodoo doll then a silurid could make a great sacrifice, with the ability to get close very quickly. Granted its a bit expensive for a sacrifice, and a tot could do the same thing. Silurids are great for hunting down or flanking the people who are fleeing Killjoy.

Arguably he could just be a Mature Nephilim, and save a bunch of trouble. My answer to that is that Killjoy has a LOT more survivability with the ability to heal after killing, and to draw enemies just out of his reach in with Chain Hook. The Onslaught trigger is outstanding, he's slow to die, hard to wound, you can't argue that in a fight he's just plain better than a Mature Neph. He costs more and is a pain to get out, which is why I put him on level instead of above.

Possible 35ss list:

Zoraida

Voodoo Doll (of course)

3 Silurids 15ss

Killjoy 12ss

2Terror-tot 6ss

2ss left over for cache of 7

Possible 35ss list:

Zoraida

Voodoo Doll (of course)

3 Silurids 15ss

Killjoy 12ss

2Terror-tot 6ss

Bayou Gremlin 2ss

Possible 35ss list:

Zoraida

Voodoo Doll (of course)

4 Silurids 20ss

Killjoy 12ss

1Terror-tot 3ss

I don't know, I just think that Killjoy in a Neverborn army could be really really effective. With Lilith you have an easily sacrificed model handy with tots, and the ability to Transposition Killjoy into the fray. Or to run a Tot out, activate Lilith, companion another Tot, switch them with Transposition, run the second Tot out even further and then sacrifice.

With Pandora hes just a much more intimidating addition to the team, he'll draw more fire and scatter the enemy better, because he's also more durable than most things in Pandoras list.

With Zoraida he's a MNeph who is more durable, and I'd be happy giving Killjoy the masks for Onslaught if Big Z is controlling him to do it ;-). Not only that he's very effective at magnetizing the enemy force. Things either stick to him or run from him, and Silurids are great for drive by slicing up scattered remnants. And if you are worried about him teamkilling you can always Hex that bit away.

Maybe it's just me wishing I saw something that's not there, but I think he could be great, just gotta get points to work out well.

• 3 weeks later...

I've found that using Killjoy in a list means you you should have a plan on what to sacrifice for him to enter play. DOn't get me wrong he's a killing machine but don't go in and be like oh yeah whatever I'll be fine and then wind up sacrificing a huge unit like Bad Juju for him.

Interesting thread... I've almost finished my Pandora crew and I have Killjoy sitting there half painted.

Not sure how he'd go though. There's a big cost involved for one thing - effectively 15pts (12 + sacrifice). But Terrifying-13 could cause some wd's from failed WP tests... But then again if he's to close to my own critters he might attack. But he is awsom and will attract attention. Hmmm...

I can see a crew with Killjoy being a mess against the Ortegas. Use up all your cards deflecting bullets and your opponent can discard a card and he's theirs for the turn. His wp is average so you'd have to look out for Obey.

All-in-all he seems dangerous. The only way I can see him being effective in a Neverborn crew is the Terror Tot scenario above. Sprint the tot way up ahead of the crew, summon him, let him kill stuff and hold up the enemy and keep away from him.

Killjoy is immune to influence thus immune to Obey, I always saw Perdita's obey as one that you use on your own guys, it's too difficult to get off reliably on an opponent.

For Neverborn you could also sacrifice a Voodoo Doll with Zoradia. He is a definite enforcer to keep enemies away from Zoradia, plus you can use him to hook enemies towards you and then finish it with the rest of the crew. IDK if you can take Rotten Belles with Zoradia's Enthralling ability but it could set up an interesting combo if you can.

Oh I'm sorry I was pretty sure that he was but I could be incorrect, as I don't have my book on me.

No worries. I just thought I'd missed something. :shakehand

I just don't know if Killjoy can fit in a Neverborn list other than Zoriada but I can see him fitting into most Resser lists pretty easily.

It wasn't my question originally but I've been following this thread pretty closely. And it's my opinion that he can fit with most Neverborne but the dangers involved with using him this way are just to great.

@TimeLapse... As you said the +2 to charge Neverborn is bad add to that his 2" melee range and you're looking at 12" and if there are no enemies within his normal charge he'll get that big charge on one of your own models.

I see him in my Red Chappel Gang with a necropunk as a potential sacrifice.