Next Terrain project ideas

Kaine

So i've finished the first 3x3 board but our group play 2 games at a time, and to be honest, the wwg board we use for the other game isnt quite looking as good next to the new board.

So i'm looking for ideas for my next board, again it will be modular on 9 blocks.

Ideas i have so far

1. Continue the other board into the Bayou, a low level swampy terrain. However i'm not sure i can generate enough cover on a bayou board, only so many trees you can put on a board.

2. Malifaux docks. A warehouse district modelled similar to some of the areas in the latest Sherlock Holmes movie. It would have a very small water edge but not as much as the pump station board.

Alot of warehouses, cover, crates, maybe a crane, sort of wood, steel, stone feel.

3. Malifaux City. A more town centre feel of Malifaux, i.e. victorian style shops. Not sure on this one.

I've ruled out doing anything Frontier town because i dont have the materials to do a good job of a wild west setting (yet).

What about something like Ridley station and the mines?

Problem is it would require train track and wagons to do it justice, and cheapest O gauge wagons i've found are £10 each (not going to use toy stuff).

So the board would become too expensive.

1. Continue the other board into the Bayou, a low level swampy terrain. However i'm not sure i can generate enough cover on a bayou board, only so many trees you can put on a board.

(yet).

There's more to the bayou than just trees and swamp:

1 - Sinister ruins,

2 - Caves,

3 - A half sunken/wreaked river boat or galley,

4 - Clifts and rock shelfs,

5 - Abandoned bandit camp,

6 - An old selurid hive,

7 - An ancient broken aquaduct or viaduct,

8 - A rickety bridge,

9 - etc...

You could go both ways from the pumping station - from the map at the back of the book it lies between the bayou and the mines, so maybe you could do a few tiles of bayou and a few tiles of mine entrance with rail tracks and mine carts, that way if you wanted to you could put it all together or you could have two 3x3 boards, one with the mine and part of the pumping station, the other with the jetty etc and on into the bayou.

Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...
There's more to the bayou than just trees and swamp:

1 - Sinister ruins,

2 - Caves,

3 - A half sunken/wreaked river boat or galley,

4 - Clifts and rock shelfs,

5 - Abandoned bandit camp,

6 - An old selurid hive,

7 - An ancient broken aquaduct or viaduct,

8 - A rickety bridge,

9 - etc...