proxy minis

Steelwhip

what are peoples opinions, and what is Wyrd's official ruling on the use of proxy minis for playing the game. I do plan on using pretty much all the Wyrd minis but there are a couple of instances where I would be tempted to use another companies minis-making sure I mount them on the appropriate sized base of course. (mostly in the area of the totems to be honest although I am thinking of getting an extra Flesh Construct and that may be from a different company as well just for some variety)

just wondering what the prevaling attitude is on proxies

In casual games, proxies are fine in most cases(check with your opponent), there are still some models that have yet to be released. As for official events, it will depend on the Event Organizer, in many cases there isn't an issue with proxies, but for Official Wyrd Events conversions are allowed but it must still be mostly a Wyrd model.

I'm in the same boat, I want to use some mini's from hasslefree as Hollow Waifs. It's not that I don't like the sculpts for the Wyrd ones, they're just not what I envisioned at all (and it gives me an excuse to get Hasslefree's "Miranda" model).

I've been looking for a different flesh construct too, best one I've found is Heresy's "The Monster" but I'm unsure how large it is. What were you planning on using?

I use proxies in most games I play, and since I scan and print the stat cards for Malifaux anyway, I just 'shop one up for the proxy model in question. I do make sure that whatever I proxy is correctly armed/equipped and is appropriate/obvious though - I do always tell my opponents (as courtesy costs nothing), but I feel it should be obvious enough that they wouldn't need to ask if I didn't say.

As for those wanting to use the Heresy model for the Wyrd Flesh Golem, the Heresy model is ideal and a good size for a 40mm base too. If it as big as the Wyrd Golem though, then I don't know, sorry.

For scratchbuilds, I'd just apply the same logic as for proxies:

> Is it obvious what it is?

> Is is equipped and armed correctly?

> Do you have what you need to play the model (cards etc)?

If YES to all three, then you're good to go!

It's all about common sense really. ;)

I'm in the same boat, I want to use some mini's from hasslefree as Hollow Waifs. It's not that I don't like the sculpts for the Wyrd ones, they're just not what I envisioned at all (and it gives me an excuse to get Hasslefree's "Miranda" model).

I've been looking for a different flesh construct too, best one I've found is Heresy's "The Monster" but I'm unsure how large it is. What were you planning on using?

Heresy's monster is a 50mm and is jsut a hair taller than the flesh construct himself. for the most part he fits right in, a buddy of mine has him that he uses for his flesh construct.

Reaper has always had a good selection of flesh golems and constructs and nightmarish horrors. I was looking at using one of them and maybe converting it a bit to be a real frankenstein mosnter with extra arms and tentacles and such.

and I was looking at finiding another undead animal type and using it in replace of the undead chihuahua. Maybe a large undead rat or bear or something. Personaly just not a fan of chihuahuas. alive or undead

I've not got any problems with proxies at all!

Well providing it looks obvious as to what they're supposed to be and the scale is more or less on.

I'd be a bit confused if someone tried using a human skeleton as a gremlin, but it wouldnt stop me from playing and enjoying the game!

I plan on picking up a couple of heresy flesh whatsits and their zombies!