Corpse and Scrap Counters

Sholto

The pieces for the scrap counters come from Robogears kits. I got a load from Ebay a couple of years ago, so they keep turning up in kitbashes and terrain. Great for Orky buildings and junkheaps.

The arm in the corpse counter is an arm from the GW Catachan Heavy Weapons team sprue, painted to look zombie-like.

Sholto

ARe models allowed to be on top of corpse and scrap counters?
I don't have the rulebook with me, and wouldn't want to guess at the answer.

On that note, do corpse and scrap counters have "official" models to be used with them? I've always used glass counters, and this thread got me wondering if Wyrd has something more definitive.
Go here and select Templates and Tokens. I don't know if Wyrd are going to make any actual models (would be v cool if they did) but in the meantime you can use blank 30mm bases or just print out those tokens (thick, glossy photo paper would be best).

Sholto

Counters don't affect movement in any way, so yes a model may be on top of one.

Wyrd doesn't have official counters yet as far as I know. The only thing official is the size. All counters are 30mm rounds unless size is specifically stated. Glass beads will do in a pinch but are not the proper size.

Counters don't affect movement in any way, so yes a model may be on top of one.

Wyrd doesn't have official counters yet as far as I know. The only thing official is the size. All counters are 30mm rounds unless size is specifically stated. Glass beads will do in a pinch but are not the proper size.

ahh well in that case, I suppose I would prefer flat scrap and corpse counters. But nice counters in any case, I can't even base my minis properly without buying ready made inserts or resin bases :(

• 9 months later...

This was the issue I had, as you have to be able to stand on top of them they have to be flat. I looked at the 30mm bases but they are so shallow that you can't really get any detail on the top of them. So I sliced away the center part so I could use the whole depth. I then sculpted the dolls face from the Black Joker. I then took a mold of them, (though it's not the best mold) and press molded them out of milliput and greenstuff mix, about 80%/20%. I had to put a lot of the detail back in but it at least gave me a good base.

corpsecounters.jpg

Those are awesome! I've got some bits laying around for making scrap counters, but that's the one thing that's been holding me back from working on them: will models be able to stand on top of them? I haven't quite yet decided how I want to get around it. I have a bunch of small gears and stuff. I may just end up arranging them relatively flat on the bases, rather than standing up at odd angles like I was originally planning.

Those corpse counters are amazing though. And honestly, I don't much care how tough it would be to stand on top of them, I may do a couple like that just because the idea is so freaking awesome!

• 3 weeks later...