First Malifaux Building - WIP

Sholto

Thought I would share a photo of my first building (a dry goods store), along with three of my painted Ortegas:-

store_rear.jpg

It is made out of a papier mache tissue box I found in Hobbycraft for £3. I was the perfect size for a building, so I picked it up. It surprised me how sturdy papier mache is. Anyway, I made a base for it from 3mm hardboard, cut out some doors and windows, framed them with matchsticks, and the rest is craft sticks (lollypop sticks) cut and glued into place. There is some 5mm square balsa wood in there, too. I stained it with some antique oak woodstain - a gloss finish, but some Testors Dullcote will knock the shine right off. The rear is just watered down PVA and sand - I will paint it to look like dry earth.

Here's the front, before I applied the stain:-

Goods_Store_and_Crew.jpg

All comments welcome :)

Sholto

Thanks all :)

@Blackmore - you are right, the steps are not to scale, but as you guessed that was deliberate, as it allows the models to be positioned (securely) on any single step. That is also the reason for the small bits of wood on the sloping roofs - they look like repairs but they also allow the models to stand on the roofs :)

Sholto