Empty inside

Chev Chelios

You kindof need to plan for what you want to do with you're hand before you use him. Look at what you're capable of (How many headshots you c an crack with alyce if you have rams, whatever), and if you estimate that your hand is going to be wasted by the end of the turn, you need to plan for him to die - now you can either take a pro active approach to this, start him off early, burn all his magic and annihilate something. Orr, you can take a more preperational approach, as if you leave cards on the deck with Death's Lessons at the end of the turn, and he's going to die - then you will draw those, as he doesnt reshuffle his graveyard until after he's drawn his reincarnation hand, and then if you reincarnate near Alyce - you get two more from a fresh deck.

Problem with this is turns often turn out more violent than I thought they would when I took his turn, which is why I recommend keeping something on hand with enough firepower to finish him off if you underestimate how fast you're going to burn through your hand. The tradeoff is that if you keep the hand you've got, play it cool, trade some cards with Disciplined Caster - then he gets his full three AP on his next action. Every single point that levi spends when in range of something is totally murderous. None of his spells care how hard they hit - just that they hit, so recycling is, on occasion, a bad idea. But there really is no hard rule here - managing this well on the fly is pretty much a requisite to playing Levi. =)

I'm also not sure about some of Levi's stuff. If he dies he is back on the closing phase and sacrifies all of his Waifs. But the description on the Waif's card says that if it's killed or sacrificed in the turn, summon it back at the end of the closing phase.

So the order is like this:

1. Levi dies

2. Levi goes back on the table at the closing phase

3. Waif(s) sacrificed

4. Waif(s) goes back at the end of the closing phase

Or I'm missing something and this is wrong.

I find it easier to comprehend the apparently superfluous sacrificing of the already alive waifs if you think why that happens. One of the downsides to the waifs is that they must spend at least one AP walking - and if Levi dies, then they must be resummoned, which means they'll only have one AP. Also - they need to stick close to him, so if he didn't kill the one he didn't use to respawn, then theres a chance that he would spawn too far from one of them for it to be able to activate without dying - as bare in mind, he can pop up within 6" of any of them. The sacrifice lets him reposition them however he likes - but also limits him to keeping them within 6" of him, so he can't permanently stick them behind walls if he wants to be particualrly agressive.

One of the downsides to the waifs is that they must spend at least one AP walking - and if Levi dies, then they must be resummoned, which means they'll only have one AP.

As far as I read the rules: a Waif summoned in the end closing phase will not activate again in that turn (activation phase is over) and in the next one it will be fully functional. So the 1 AP thing doesn't kick in when Levi respawns.

Incorrect - Slow hangs around til your next activation, not the end of the turn =)

From the rulebook which was not erratated:

A summoned model may activate during the turn it was summoned but receives Slow for that turn. After that turn, the summoned model has full capabilities.

It specificaly states the end of the effect, isn't it?

Presumably it gains slow on it - slow itself states it's own end. You have a point, I can see the wording being confusing :o I simply presumed that ment that it'd didn't have any other penalties for being summoned.

Can we get some kind of clarification on this? Because if you're correct, then I will Gladly eat my words. I main levi ^^

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Its not an official ruling but, when summoned the model receives slow for the turn. The hollow waif is summoned during the closing phase which is technically the turn that is getting finished up. Cause you finish up by finishing effects that happen during the closing phase. So after you flip for initiative it is a new turn so even though the waif couldn't activate when summoned I shouldn't matter because she was summoned last turn or you wouldn't of flipped to initiative. That is my opinion.

I know you wanted an official ruling though.