Sabertooth Cerberus Three-headed

River Song

Ok so Cerberus has Three-Headed, costs 2 ap to use.

In using the 2 ap that leaves it with 0 ap for anything else.

So Three-headed gives 2 additional melee strikes... meaning it gets 2 attacks, just as if it had not spent those 2 ap to begin with.

Isn't this a very high ap cost for 1 extra melee strike?

If I am reading this wrong tell me.

Shouldn't this be 3 Melee strikes as per 3 heads?

Or should this have been 1 ap for 1 extra melee strike? Even this makes no sense.

Edited by River Song

Actually the way I believe it is used and the way I use it is that it gives you 2 additional melee strikes so you could charge (2) and then make two subsequent strikes.

It is written a (+2) Three Headed. So it gives you 2 extra specific AP while you are above half health. It's kind of like being (+2) Melee Master for when you have 4+ wounds.

(I don't have my rulebook with me at work so I may be incorrect on some points - Plus I'm no Rules Marshal)

Actually the way I believe it is used and the way I use it is that it gives you 2 additional melee strikes so you could charge (2) and then make two subsequent strikes.

It is written a (+2) Three Headed. So it gives you 2 extra specific AP while you are above half health. It's kind of like being (+2) Melee Master for when you have 4+ wounds.

(I don't have my rulebook with me at work so I may be incorrect on some points - Plus I'm no Rules Marshal)

Ok so it is worded oddly.

So this is +2 attacks not costs +2 actions. Should this be on the ability bar not action bar since Melee expert/master is on the ability bar?

HeHe you said ABILITY not ACTION.

I rest my case.

I wasn't aware we were in disagreement and I am sorry I have used the wrong word (typing in haste). I think you are deliberately trying to pick holes in the game instead of seeing the intention of the Three-Headed rule.

As Goblyn13 says this placement of the (+2) is consistent with Fast et al.

I don't really see why there's confusion over this, the wording's pretty clear:

"this model may make two additional melee strikes......blah blah blah"

if it was an action it would be something like:

"this model immediately makes two melee strikes, however you could do that anyway so just ignore this rule"

I wasn't aware we were in disagreement and I am sorry I have used the wrong word (typing in haste). I think you are deliberately trying to pick holes in the game instead of seeing the intention of the Three-Headed rule.

As Goblyn13 says this placement of the (+2) is consistent with Fast et al.

Sorry wasn't trying to pick holes nor a fight.

I have not played this character yet but will and I wanted to get the terms correct.

As I am new and I do not have familiarity with terms on all the figures I was not understanding the wording.

I read it as an action because it fell under the action bar. Yes it has a diminishing return but I still consider this ability just that an ability not an action that I choose to use.

Why would anyone not take 3 attacks per say. Some might as to not take repercussion damage.

I do see things like +1 Melee/Casting Master under Actions and do not understand why it is there. Other then it is a "action" yet really an ability of the character. Like Harmless, or Evasive. Each of these are not triggered per say other then Cerberus loses its if under half life.

And I understand they need to put these "Actions" someplace.

Nickpicking, I hope not. Just grabbing the rules as fast as I can as I am limited in how many games I can play.

Very well. This ACTION gives the Cerberus +2 attacks unless...

There is always "2" sides to a story, Yours, Mine and the Correct.

I don't really see why there's confusion over this, the wording's pretty clear:

"this model may make two additional melee strikes......blah blah blah"

if it was an action it would be something like:

"this model immediately makes two melee strikes, however you could do that anyway so just ignore this rule"

It was the +2 in front of the Term I was confusing as a cost not a benefit like melee master.

Considering these terms are described under Common "ABILITIES" List on page72/73