Murphyfella painting thread

themurphyfella

Got Lady J finished

Full set of pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/themurphyfella/WIPMalifaux?feat=directlink

PICT5338.JPG

I gave it a shot of the armypainter matt varnish when I was done and I was very impressed. I made a lot of use of the washes on the hair and various parts of the figure and it was looking a little glossy in parts up to the shot of AP matt

I'm happy with the end result but as usual once I got the pictures fullsize on a monitor some of the minor (and not so minor)flaws show up.

The knuckles on her left hand look like they chipped

red paint splash on top of the right kneepad

Right boob skin isn't as smooth as I thought it was, looks like I didn't fix all the splash of wash

Not sure I like the grey holsters on the pistols

In the cleavage shot the right hand "item" has a bit of a mistake on the black lining

I want to do a little more metal highlighting on the sword metallics

Edited by themurphyfella
pics stopped working

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I put a painting push on the crew to try and get into the twitter competition.

I failed :(

I got this far by Friday night.

PICT5481.JPG

Then I had to stop while the mancave was upgraded with storage

PICT5475.JPG

If you squint you can see the crew. Honest

PICT5477.JPG

I'm sure it'll be worth it in the end.

PICT5478.JPG

To make room for the work I had to move a pile of stuff.

The only available spare was the "smallest room" attached to the bedroom, I mean Mancave

PICT5476.JPG

Cheers.

There will probably be some more once the room is sorted out. I've promised myself I'll get this crew fully painted this month if it's physically possible.

But end of month I'll be switching back to 40K for a few months while I complete my ETC army. I'm on the Irish team for the European Team Championships in Aug and as usual with 40K the stuff I have painted isn't the stuff I want to bring :)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Got some time this week to do some painting and I broke out the Malifaux stuff I've accumulated. I managed to add Colette and some gremlins to the pile of stuff by using prize vouchers from a 40K tournament. Irony huh?

The Desk was looking like this once I cleared the clutter a bit

PICT7022.JPG

I'd some work to do on Papa, Francisco and Santiago to finish them up from before christmas but Nino was being a problem child. Mainly because hate the scupt for this figure.

The only reason I had it was it comes in the box for the ortega's. I have spent few weeks looking at it and trying to figure something that would allow me to use it without wanting to spit. The random leg in the air annoyed me and the only suggestion anyone had come up with that was even mildly amusing was to put the gimp on a unicycle

Then inspiration and the bitz box came to the rescue and now he's a sniper on a roof

PICT7047.JPG

PICT7045.JPG

PICT7049.JPG

I just finished painting Perdita from that set today.

Some WIP shots

PICT7040.JPG

PICT7039.JPG

I started painting her in the browns of the rest of the crew and got struck with... something half way through and switched to a purple paint scheme. Noe that I think of it I think the change over was using the purple paint I had out for Nino's roof on her hat.

Unfortunately the camera died after taking one out of focus shot of the end product....

PICT7077.JPG

This guy is begging for a good paintjob but I'm not feeling terribly inspired. It's a bit depressing to find out I'd unknowingly reproduced incunnablog's basing after picking up the base in a game store cause it looked cool

PICT7024.JPG

Thanks guy's,

Merlin, Tuesdays are difficult with family commitments but I'm hoping to get a few Thursday games in.

I use most paint ranges.

I've the original coat d'arms GW paints, Valleio, GW foundation and a few Privateer press paints as well.

The models look a lot sharper and smooter when they're not zoomed up as they are in those pictures.

AvatarForm, paintingwise, I'm fighting between getting stuff done and spending more time on individual figures and it's showing on the level of patience I have for layering the paint. Long way of saying you are 100% correct and the issue is my patience more than anything. In spite of the time elapsed each of the paintjobs were completed in a day

Now that I've got the 2 guild crews done I'm hoping I can convincemyself to spend some time on the peacekeeper and seamus and Ophelia.

• 6 months later...