Lady Js 'Blind Justice'

Peoples Champ

Sorry just new and do not really understand LJs 'Blind Justice spell.

"Friendly models ignore increases in Rg and Df, and any Duels required from spells or talents to target models"

Does someone have a laymans explanation and possibly an example in a game situation where it would be used and useful?

-vs. Nicodem you can ignore the +2 Def of his Undead models from Bolster Undead

-you can target Pandora without Wp duels

I reckon it's really strange that the spell doesn't actually shield the Lady herself. Strange Malifaux rule, that one!

However, I have a cunning plan. She will "raise shields" and so will the Scales of Justice totem 6" away. My whole Guild force will remain safe in the arms of Justice!

Let justice be done upon the evil Pandora and other evil spell casters!! bwahahahaha

Cheers,

Sword

• 1 month later...

I'm pulling my hair out with this one! I've posted about it before and I still don't get it? The wording is a tad on the vague side, esp. the " and any Duels required from spells or talents to target models ". Would this mean that any of my friendly models withing LJ's aura of blind justice would not have to do any dueling to successfully execute a spell or talent? Would I just be saying " alright, the judge spends 1 point to cast arrest, he is in LJ's blind justice range so I do not need to pull off a 10 of crows...it just happens! ". This seems pretty powerful?

Everything?! No Duels required for spells, abilities, actions, triggers??

I'm sorry for going on about it, but maybe someone could compose a re-worded quote that accurately describes what this spell entails...in layman's terms if necessary?

( It almost makes me feel like I'm cheating when I use this spell :wtf: )

I'm pulling my hair out with this one! I've posted about it before and I still don't get it? The wording is a tad on the vague side, esp. the " and any Duels required from spells or talents to target models ". Would this mean that any of my friendly models withing LJ's aura of blind justice would not have to do any dueling to successfully execute a spell or talent? Would I just be saying " alright, the judge spends 1 point to cast arrest, he is in LJ's blind justice range so I do not need to pull off a 10 of crows...it just happens! ". This seems pretty powerful?

Everything?! No Duels required for spells, abilities, actions, triggers??

I'm sorry for going on about it, but maybe someone could compose a re-worded quote that accurately describes what this spell entails...in layman's terms if necessary?

( It almost makes me feel like I'm cheating when I use this spell :wtf: )

(1) Blind Justice

(CC: 12 / Rst: - / Rg: :aura6) Friendly models ignore increases in Rg and Df, and any Duels required from spells or talents to target models.

I underlined what you seem to be missing. And that it just affects Targeting, not actual Dueling. Big difference there.

OK.

This is how it works.

Let's say Lady Justice & friends are facing off against a Pandora Crew.

In order to attack Baby Kade or Candy, you have to test for Harmless. That would be a Wp Duel.

Lady Justice casts Blind Justice. All friendly models within the :aura do not have to test for Harmless.

Same thing when they have to test Wp->Wp when firing upon Pandora herself.

Ramos' spell Arcing Screen gives friendly models within the spell rang a bonus of +2 Df. Models within the :aura ignore that bonus to their targets Df.

Does that make sense now?

Edited by WEiRD sKeTCH

Firing into a melee, the final target receives a + to their Df for each other model in the melee. Models within the :aura ignore that bonus to their targets Df.

Do they? I thought Blind Justice only applies to Df bonuses from Talents and Spells. I don't think the Df bonus for being melee is a Talent or Spell.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

-Ropetus

Thanks Sketch! this makes complete sense now. I was reading the part of the spell " to target model " as if to say " towards target model ".

It would almost make more sense to revise it as follows;

old wording: "Friendly models ignore increases in Rg and Df, and any Duels required from spells or talents to target models"

new wording: "Friendly models ignore increases in Rg and Df, and any Duels required from spells or talents in order to target the models"

...and it did help to clarify that the increases in Rg and Df are only for the ones brought about by spells or talents, not for regular melee. I think you have just prevented many petty squabbles across the globe :-)

Lady justice's "Blindfighter" Confuses me. It says she can "ignore LoS when declaring charges", but I can't think of any time this would be useful since you can only charge in a straight line anyway.

Remember: A Charge is a straight line, just not necessarily along the straight line between the charger's and target's bases.

She could charge a model behind a corner and out of LoS (with her 2" melee range she can easily get in range to strike). Also, she could charge through a terrain feature blocking her LoS (like a forest). In a rare situation she could also charge an enemy model hiding behind a larger model if there is enough space to move past it.

-Ropetus

Lady justice's "Blindfighter" Confuses me. It says she can "ignore LoS when declaring charges", but I can't think of any time this would be useful since you can only charge in a straight line anyway.

Models on the other side of forests...

Models at the corners of buildings...

...etc...

Just because you have to charge in a straight line doesn't mean it has to be towards the exact center of the target.

Two examples of how this works

1) If a model is in 2" or more of forest you can still charge them

2) Charges have to be in a straight line, but they don't have to be directly towards a model. So you could charge a model behind blocking terrain if you could in theory move past that terrain(for example to the right or left of a wall) and still get into melee.

Edit: What WS said

Two examples of how this works

1) If a model is in 4" or more of forest you can still charge them or on the other side of a forest.

2) Charges have to be in a straight line, but they don't have to be directly towards a model. So you could charge a model behind blocking terrain if you could in theory move past that terrain(for example to the right or left of a wall) and still get into melee.

Edit: What WS said

Fixt in Bold.