Still can't get a reason...

River Song

Rules balance.

I know everyone wants their rules to 100% emulate the reality they envision, but it's a game, despite the cinimatic and other visual reality imagery the game is able to convey.

In Monopoly, the more railroads I own, the better each of them performs. In my real world, that's not how a growing collection of railways should work. I'm still able to play it, though.

Every game must put the rules first, even if they don't match your reality. For example, in this game (and many I'm familiar with) your model can only see 3" into a woods. I've been in numerous real woods (I've been an avid camper for years) and I'm positive not all woods are created equal. Why isn't there "Dense Woods; Moderate Woods; Light Woods; Sparse Woods; Underbrush Woods;" etc., etc.,

Answer: that'd be lame.

Rules balance.

I know everyone wants their rules to 100% emulate the reality they envision, but it's a game, despite the cinimatic and other visual reality imagery the game is able to convey.

In Monopoly, the more railroads I own, the better each of them performs. In my real world, that's not how a growing collection of railways should work. I'm still able to play it, though.

Every game must put the rules first, even if they don't match your reality. For example, in this game (and many I'm familiar with) your model can only see 3" into a woods. I've been in numerous real woods (I've been an avid camper for years) and I'm positive not all woods are created equal. Why isn't there "Dense Woods; Moderate Woods; Light Woods; Sparse Woods; Underbrush Woods;" etc., etc.,

Answer: that'd be lame.

Ahh that does answer another question on woods I had. What is considered dense woods vs Moderate.

I'm willing to bet that getting a pistol to be an effective close combat weapon against a skilled fighter with a sword is not as easy as tv and movies, and other games would make it seem. I could be wrong, but that's probably one reason why most armed forces still equip soldiers with a knife, and teach then at least the basics of using it.

Why is it in the game mechanics rules that...

A character with a Pistol or 2 can not fire them while in Melee?

A rifle I can understand. as they are 2ft + long

A Pistol is a close combat weapon and should be allowed to be used while in melee melee/base to base range

ie Convict Gunslinger and others

Real life logic should be left at the door when playing games.

Rules balance.

Every game must put the rules first, even if they don't match your reality.

There's your answer.

Topics like this should be in General discussion (Malifaux Matters) and I'm scooting this over there so you all can continue chatting about this.