The Contemporary Crazy Cat Lady

Wombats

How are people going with Hoarcat spam?

I have my three Hoarcat Prides and Sabretooth mostly painted but have yet to field them.

There is an ancient thread mired in the dark past of testing, thought I'd whack this up as a specific tactica on mentally unstable cat lovers.

Probably also worth mentioning Marcus/Myranda as they debatably have more synergy than Rasputina.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am planning on running the CCL list consisting of 3 Kitty Prides, 2 December Acolytes and the Big Cat. It adds up to 35SS exactly, so a bit wee on the spare stone side.

Any comments on this setup?

Don't really see many views on the Acolytes. He seems (at least on paper) like a very solid support Minion with an ability to instagrab objectives. Nice damage from the Harpoon gun, slowing enemies down, making them discarding cards, all add up to a pretty annoying guy who might divert attention from the cats, which need to be well and healthy to cause maximum damage.

Does it make sense?

Also, an additional bonus- all the minions have 'devour' which in my opinion, bonds the crew with a nice theme.

Acolytes are great and very theme-ey.

I don't know if they have the best synergy with Hoarcats as it just gives you more of the same (same reason I shy away from the Wendigo).

For effectiveness, I'd take the Essence of Power along and have some Soulstones, especially in Assassinate.

...but its all pretty dependent on the Strategy you are playing and what you know your opponent has available.

It is really nice how everything except the Sabretooth Cerberus can heal itself via cannibalism. I'd imagine the Sabretooth would be an ideal target for Armour +2 / Frozen Heart before he Leaps in to get a treasure token.

• 2 weeks later...
One of the extra pluses of the December Acolytes is that they are perfect for Sabotage Schemes. With even one on your team you can almost always set up in one of the two sabotage sites you have selected and nab the VP's early on.

You may wanna double check the errata: http://wyrd-games.net/rules

Page 152: December Acolyte

Replace the description of From The Shadows:

This model may be deployed after all other models, in or behind any terrain more than 12” away from an enemy, or the objective of any strategy or scheme. This model may not be targeted by Charges or ranged attacks until it takes an Action other than Pass if deployed this way. If multiple models with this ability are in play, players alternate deploying, using their deployment order for crews.

• 1 month later...

I have faced it several times. I found the Sabertooth is the easiest thing to isolate and take out, but while i focus on that Rasputina is throwing mega death at me and the Hoarcats are all over the place.

I've also heard it is very effective with a few ice Gamin or maybe a Golem to help support Rasputina and the Hoarcats.