HELL-oh

gru6y

Hi all,

Just wanted to check in and say I'm already hooked and ordering my rulebook/deck/minis as soon, as I get paid :)

Came upon the site while viewing the cmon shop and was wondering if there was any actual game going along these fantastic minis (wanted to buy some for my wh40k army).

As it appears- there is, and a quite new one, indeed.

Looks very promising. Can't wait to put my hands on the minis!

New customer aquired. Wasn't that easy? Congrats Wyrd!

Cheers,

Gru6y

thanks for letting us know how we caught your interest!

Yeah, thought you might want to know this.

Just seen House of 1000 corpses. I find that the Rob Zombie cheerful, colorful, yet dirty and bloody style corresponds really well with Wyrd. Were you inspired by that crazy dude as well?

Now, I'm really bought. In fact, I'm so bought, I'll probably borrow some cash from a friend just to order the rulebook today.

Anyways, some more info about me.

I'm 25, live in Warsaw and been playing miniatures wargames for 12 years now. Started with WarZone, went through WFB and settled on WH40k. 1,5 year ago, I had a trigeminal nerve paralysis, which I struggled for almost a year to get through. Couldn't really paint then, because one of my eyes was constantly flooded with tears. Decided to ditch the hobby and sold all my minis. Unsuprisingly, I could not resist the temptation and started again with a Renegate Imperial Guard 40k army. As I was looking for some freakish minis to use as a company commander, I (as already stated) found the Wyrd/Malifaux page and decided that a quick, skirmish, cheap (wow, now that's a difference from what I got used to playing GW games) and very characterful game would be a nice and fast way to get back into the hobby. Modelling and painting my renegates is going to take me forever, anyway.

My girlfriend approves the game and already declared she loves the Resurectionists and will play with me. How lucky am I? :D

I actually think there are quite a few elements about malifaux which seem to appeal to women, which is a good thing! I think it didn't hurt that Casey and Victoria (Nathan and my wives) have been so involved in development of everything and added some feminine touches. Although I think a big thing is simply the small size of armies...doesn't take us as much space, lol!

Hey all, many thanks for such a warm welcome from both of us!

Welcome to Malifaux, and pass on greetings to your girlfriend. She's got a faction picked out already, so what's catching your eye?

Man, the problem is that there is hardly anything not catching my eye. I'll probably end up buying the entire range, sooner or later, anyway.

So far, though, visual-wise I'm leaning towards the Legion of Sorrow or Cult of December.

Hard to choose anything without taking a look at the rules.

From what I've read on the forum, I'll definitely want to have a closer look at Leveticus, but that's probably when I show and explain the way of the Wyrd to my friends I play WH with.

I actually think there are quite a few elements about malifaux which seem to appeal to women, which is a good thing! I think it didn't hurt that Casey and Victoria (Nathan and my wives) have been so involved in development of everything and added some feminine touches. Although I think a big thing is simply the small size of armies...doesn't take us as much space, lol!

Wives? Plural? Interesting.....

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sitting at work, its one of these ultra-boring days, and all of a sudden, the mailman brings me my Malifaux Rulebook! Now, this has made my week! I had a quick look through it and its absolutely beautiful.

Long five hours ahead of me now.

Don't remember being so excited ever before. :D

blob8.gif