New guy in N. Virginia

nebiros

So I heard about this game from the guys over at the D6 Generation (harmless plug) and came to the website. I immediately fell in love with the miniatures and ordered the rule book. Once I get the book and read through the fluff, I'll be picking up a Crew or few. The only thing missing is another player. I live in Sterling, Virginia and was wondering if there is anyone around here interested in playing a game. The closest shop is Game Parlor Chantilly. However, if I have to travel a bit, I'm more than willing to try someplace else.

nebiros,

Welcome. Myself and some of the (early) testers game out of Dream Wizards in Rockville. Drop a line if you want to come up for a game sometime. Thursday nights are the norm.

Aaron

Hey, I get included there sometimes too. Wait, does 1st beta/alpha 1.5 count as early or not?

Anyway, like Aaron said, Dream Wizards gets a little action, but it's been getting a bit too crowded lately, since the only night they stay open late with miniatures action still has half of the store taken up by people playing Magic. Still, when there's table space, it's not too much of a schlep from Sterling.

Getting up to Fredneck isn't the most convenient for you, but I should be running a tournament in October/November (just need to look at the calendar).

Welcome to Wyrd.

As I noted in, uh, one or two other threads a couple minutes ago, I'm approximately walking distance to Dream Wizards. I'm willing to head out to places that are Metro-accessible, or where I can convince Aaron to drive me. Heh.

Man, I can honestly say this is the biggest impact of any game I've seen in the DC area in a long while...

Wow, I'm impressed to see so many people in the area. I'll have to find Dream Wizards, but I think it should be close enough. I'm usually available on Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays. It will take me a couple of weeks to get the rules, read through them, and get a crew, but I'll definately be in touch as I get everything together. As a side-note, I'm also impressed by the rapid responses on this forum. The more I learn about this game and its community, the more excited I am about getting into it.

Thanks.