Help

amrowe1999

Lady J puts a definite hurt on him. In melee shes got the power to overcome his hard to wound and she blows away corpse tokens. So no more belles.

Other masters also do well against him(Lilith comes to mind for sure)

As far as how cool he is. Not a single person playing him at the first tourney managed to place. And if I recall correctly 4 people were using the red chapel gang. Thats not a knock against anyone playing him, just saying if hes that good you would have thought he would have dominated the tourney.

Viktorias throw down solidly against him, too. Bishop plus ping pong twins can put a hurt on anyone, even with Regeneration and Hard to Wound 2, etc. Pop a belle or two, and tangle Sybelle up elsewhere. Then go to town.

Seamus is a tank, but he'll go down to a concentration of force just like anyone else.

We have been having some fits with him and was wondering if he is just too good. I will admit he is one tough nut to crack and I am using Rasputina. Besides telling us which can kill him, what about how are you going about it. Also, how about getting around the insignficant. Him and the Outcast with the rats pretty much nulled my crew from being able to hold objectives.

Well....I know that my poop smells like roses and all....I've not lost to him yet! But he is solid.

Whatever faction you're playing, don't let the Belle's lure intimidate you. Play to it and shove your force right down his throat. Get in there and tear it up. Assume he'll get one of your guys first. Ignore the hookers except for Sybelle and keep pressure on Seamus. Keep solid cards in your hand to defend against lure. Once he gets you to lure your model or two into btb switch tactics to killing stuff.

Once you get used to Seamus, you can start to use his lures against him by drawing Seamus up and then putting some smack down on him.

To accent Nerdelementals points. Use models with Companion to have several actions against Seamus in one round. Also play schemes to your benefit. Playing bodyguard and hold out and revealing them basically make your opponent have to come to you(or thats 4 free VP for you). Use that and catch Seamus in a trap.

I'm honestly suprised Seamus is the model that is giving people fits, I am guessing not enough people have seen Lilith in action yet.

Ok here's the thing. We went to gencon last weekend bought seamus and crew for me. Ramos and crew with the entire ice construct for one friend and Rasputina and friends as the third crew. Since we got back home so late saturday night sunday at my LGS we did a build and battle my Seamus team and the rasputina team finished building first so we played as the demo. Now mind you we forgot a few rules and misinterpreted a few others(like that red jokers for damage only come into effect when you dont have a minus)the game was pretty rough.

The point that one of the onlookers was noticing is that with Seamus' hard to wound 2 ability you will always be throwing as least 2 cards taking the lowest. Now i have read through the rulebook and have gotten a few of my questions answered. One of the masters i have picked to beat Seamus is his friend(?) Dr. McMourning since his melee attacks ignores both hard to wound and armor.

The point that one of the onlookers was noticing is that with Seamus' hard to wound 2 ability you will always be throwing as least 2 cards taking the lowest.

Remember +fate and -fate(like -2 fate for hard to wound) are accumulative.

There are a large variety of abilities, triggers, spells and weapons that can offset the Hard to Wounds. Charging gives you +1 fate, So does Focus. Beating him by 11+ will as well(and that can be combined with the above to options). Several figures just have weapons with +1 fate for damage. And there are a large number of spells that can overcome it as well(that give positive damage flip attacks).

Plus flipping two cards and taking the lowest is not the worst thing in the world. Barring the black joker you will still do damage, and you can still pull off triggers that can increase damage, or cause other harm to Seamus.

Finally also look at abilities that do straight damage without a flip. Raputinas biting chill is a great example of that.

He just reminds me of playing against the butcher in warmachine. You never kill him in one round. Expect to have to take multiple attacks over two rounds or more. Range will be king against him. Also Obey is a great way to get extra attacks against him.

When I see him next my plan with Zorida is to speed a cat fish man up to him use blood frenzy(ability that give a teeth attack if hitting with claws). Hit him twive hopefully, then use obey from zorida and her totem to get hopfully get four more attacks against him. Heck if I had hamlien(sp?) i could get even more attack on him thanks for piper ability.

Thats just my plan:)

For lilith my plan of attack would be use the forest to block up his movement of his belle's Pick off the lead belle sybelle(sp) then go hard after him. The movement tactic could really help out. Blocking los so lure doesnt play as big a role in the game is going to be huge.

Pandora is porbable the best match up for him since you can force him to make so many wp duels. He might not lose them all but it could eat up his cards like crazy. Course it could do the same to you.

Yeah I think he is going to be a pain in the but to deal with.

Course i think that about most of the guild, rasputina and viktoria box sets too.