Wyrd at Spiele '09 in Germany?

Doesn't matter Nathan, we Europeans speak excellent English so that's really no problem :)

from last years spiel it seems while many of the dutch (not counting myself when it comes to speaking >_<) tend to speak english alot as do those from western germany, many germans try their best to speak excellent english, combining with me kind of blacking out when it comes to talking english face to face suddenly it gave some great moments :D

advantage is, as a big chunk of my family is german I understand it, yet cant speak it.

I will be at spiel this year again, and hope to bring along painted (better get going on then.) Mcmourning crew to play malifaux (as well as hopefully a painted pulp city group.) if it is a possibility somewhere.

so Wildcard maybe we could game even if not officially ?

(offtopic : marijn, you going to be at spiel ?)

If you are going to be there with a dedicated Wyrd booth (not necessarily this year, that might not be possible), my advice would be:

Get some german volunteers and let them handle anything. Give them some product freebies and they're happy. An you cater to the customers that are not that good with English.

I know, because I worked in a similar fashion for KenzerCo for 2 years back in 2001/02 or so.

I had a blast.

Essen is scarcely about miniatures. It was one hell of a difficult show for us the last year, as the visitors are mostly about board games and (that is SO different than GenCon) LARP accessories.

If you think GenCon had a lot of foam swords and such, go to Essen.

I think Salute, even though much smaller, is a way better place to be for a miniature game and company.